PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Welcome aboard, Gregg, from one Californian to another. I hope your experience here is like mine; filled with talented, helpful craftsmen (and women!)who are more than happy to answer any question you may have. I'm in Santa Barbara, but get into LA a lot. Are you in the greater LA area?
Chris
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 189.81 MB
Hello Chris..

Thank You for the welcome! Im actually in the San Joaquin Valley north/west of Fresno about 60 miles. Farm land and not much else.!

Im looking forward to having some great expieriences here... already recieving some great messages from some very nice people. Looking good so far.. Hope to start on a project soon... the inspiration is really getting to me.

Thank you again, Gregg
Old 10-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Gregg, another Californian here (my god, they're taking over! LOL) I live in the Antelope Valley, nothing here but desert (and Edwards A.F.B.).

Glad to have you, feel free to post LOTS of pics of your card/paper models...we LOVE pics!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 AM

Hello Jim..

Thank you for the greeting. Definitly a lot of inspiration here.... Looking forward to starting a project soon. Your right.. CT's monitors are very nice and i hope to start taht soon,,, what a great project it will make!

Thanks again, Gregg
Old 11-01-2009, 07:51 AM

California..

Hi Phil..

Well.. i thought i lived in a dry place Pictures.. yes.. going to have to learn/practice that too.. another hobby in its own. I actually do have some pics of older attempts at paper modeling..do i dare show them

they arnt that bad..just incomplete when it got difficult but still wanting to finish them. Now i have a place here to get help when i scratch my head on how to make 20 something tiny lifeboats!

Gregg
Google Adsense
Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yeah, tiny lifeboats will make you crazy! Join the Club of Unfinished Models!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:08 PM

never unfinished..work of art in progress..

Hello Chris..

Thankyou! I hope the lifeboats get done sometime soon.. makes me feel guilty to start something else knowing the last few projects are not done..
maybe il ltry a lifeboat or two today.... just to catch up.. At two aday..think i have a bout a months worth!

Gregg
Old 11-07-2009, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Hey Greg welcome. I'm a former SoCal..ian that's in the Phoeniz, AZ area. Sounds like you're around Los Banos area. Used to go up there on Labor Day weekends when they had the big custom car show. Oh and between plastic, paper (sounds like a market) I've got bunches of unfinished projects. Like we say with the model cars, once you glue the engine block together its an official start.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 PM

your right!

Hi whulsey!

Yep.. your right.. Los Banos is only 15 miles from me.. I live in the thriving metropolis of Dos Palos... well.. its really a small farm town..:o but its been home all of my life..44 years. A lot of hobby/model interest started here years ago as we had an airbase/ training airport built here for ww2..

It was known as Eagle Field and some of it still stands today.. and many a model airplane has flown from that runway... They have a big fly-in dinner dance once a year with warbirds.. big band sound and dinner.. vintage cars.. cloths.. ect. My family has a lot of history there... and most of the family were model makers.

Good to meet ya.. Gregg