PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 11-23-2009, 01:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.11 MB
Another New UK Member

Hi, I've been a lurking member here for quite a while now and have made a couple of posts, but I see its etiquette to introduce onesself !

My name is Paul, I'm 48, from Sunderland in NE England, and I'm a Network Engineer. I've been paper modelling for a little while having been a plastic enthusiast most of my adult life. I'm mainly into architectural models, particularly cathedrals, especially of Northern France (Chartres, Rheims, Paris etc).

I spent a number of years in the RAF as an electronics engineer, so looking to build one representative aircraft from the squadrons I served on - Lightning; Phantom F-4M; Harrier; Canberra - so if anyone knows of good (detailed) models at 1/72 scale let me know please ?

I'm amazed at the skills and attitudes on this forum, and hope to be around for a long time. Hopefully my limited skills will improve and I can help others as Ive been helped so far. Some of the models shown around here are simply stunning and remind me I have a long way to go. Should be a fun journey though.
Google Adsense
Old 11-23-2009, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Hancocp,

I am about 90 miles south of you! Hope you enjoy paper modelling, it's the best.

Sunderland has some fantastic heritage and buildings, from St Peter's church Monkwearmouth to the original Iron Bridge across the Wear and the coal drops!

Then there is the ship building heritage, a 100 years ago Sunderland led the world (and that's from a boy schooled in Belfast).

D
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Welcome to the forum. Has it stopped raining up north yet?

Tim
Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! Cruise the aviation section to see what's available from the various manufacturers and free designers. There are some extremely well detailed kits out there - or you can make like Bomarc and go way over the edge.

Yogi
Old 11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hello Paul and a very big WELCOME to you here at the FUN HOUSE I'm sure you will find everything your heart desires here on PM.COM - The best designers and builders of paper models on the NETWORK ENJOY
Google Adsense