PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Good Morning from sunny Oregon!

Hey, I found my way here also. Michael pointed me here. I'm a little confused as to how things will work out... but I can support two sites for a while (I'm dropping out of Kartonbau, I think). When did this place open up? Can we attach pictures? Will it be stable?

Carl
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Welcome.

Picture attachments are working, although the size is kinda small right now. Also it loads thumbnails, you then have to click on them to get the full sized picture. I haven't tried linking to off-site photo's yet to see if they come up full sized in the thread.

Site seems stable and quick so far to me
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
We can work on the confusion

"Thank You for your support"(sorry channeling a Bartles and James commercial)

we opened at the end of June 2007

Yes we can, you can even create an album in the gallery if you like

Yes the site will be stable.

I hope that answers your questions?

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
Hey, I found my way here also. Michael pointed me here. I'm a little confused as to how things will work out... but I can support two sites for a while (I'm dropping out of Kartonbau, I think). When did this place open up? Can we attach pictures? Will it be stable?

Carl
Hey! great to see you over here Carl.... I could see how fed up you were getting over on the other place.

At least we now have a community run by people who are PART of that community.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy The Bear View Post
Hey! great to see you over here Carl.... I could see how fed up you were getting over on the other place.

At least we now have a community run by people who are PART of that community.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Yeah, I could easily transfer my allegiance to a different place at this point. With Rick moving over I personally feel that a lot of that loyalty is moving with him. I just need some assurance on a couple points to make a real break:

i) that the new site gets a substantial buy in from the larger audience of papermodelers... what I mean is that, for instance, with the Hoche several people came from outside my awareness to be substantial contributors to the effort. I would like to sustain that. I'm all about inclusiveness, sharing and getting to know different sorts of people from different places and backgrounds;

ii) the new site gets more organized (like separating the build threads into different categories and whatnot) - this will certainly happen;

iii) some promise that the work I and other put into the place will not get lost. I'm particularly thinking of the effort I and others put into our tutorials for the other site. I'll reconstruct them here once I feel that the effort will not get wasted.

Frankly, that is one of the major turn offs to the other place. We had an invaluable repository of critical things about the development and pursuit of cardmodeling and it is all now gone to the ether. I don't have the feeling personally that the place has a desire to really solve the problem - they want it to just fade away over time.

Anyway, enough negativity. I like this new place and I'll do what I can to help it succeed.

Carl
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Carl, glad you made it, figured you would show up in short order. I think we will have a pretty good audience and Jason has been around for quite a while
Chris
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
Anyway, enough negativity. I like this new place and I'll do what I can to help it succeed.
Carl
That is all we are asking for Carl, just some time and patience, and we will try to do right for you guys.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I will say that when I found the other forum I read all of your tutorials and many of your build threads. I learned a lot of things to do or at least try to do in making my own models. It is a shame that much of that is lost given the reliance on the pictures.
Someone with a bit more computer savvy and time than I have could probably put those tutorial text and pictures into nice pdf formats and have them in a repository, rather than just threads linking to gallery pictures (like certain build threads ended up archived). Would certainly help preserve the effort.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 PM

This seems like as good a place as any...

Carl, I have your Tutorials #2 and #3 from Cardmodels.net as well as a number of build threads (various builders) from the old site. I guess this question is for Jason and Rick as well - can these be used on this site or would there be ownership/copyright issues? I converted several of the build threads to Word documents with all the "attaboys" removed. Someone give me some guidance and I'll be happy to upload or e-mial to wherever/whoever.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
One by One...,

Hi Carl,

Glad to see you found the place. It's still in the early stage of development but is dedicated to card modeling which is rather novel don't you agree?...,

-Gil
Google Adsense