PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi from the newbe

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I used to make paper birds a long time ago. But I've gotten back into rocketry lately and was introduced to paper rockets. So here I am. I build Harps for a living. I needed a hobby and this is a good try.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Harps you say. Now there is something you don't hear every day.

Welcome to the forum. You will surely find some inspiration here and some great tips!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Welcome. Looks like you have done some building in the past so that's always a good start. You obviously have the patience too as I am sure harps take a huge amount of skill and time to build. A trait that will stand you well Sir.

Good luck and hope we see some pictures of your future models. We love pictures here, which I tend to mention a lot these days.

cheers
Jim
Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Greetings and welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 AM

Hey Guys, thanks. right now I'm trying to make the Buck Rogers Thunderfighter. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would be grateful.:D

"Not the face...Not the face!!!!"
Google Adsense
Old 05-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Hello and welcome to our home. Take a seat and soak up all the GREAT stuff we are all privileged to see here Look forward to seeing your work sir
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Welcome harpman! I'm happy that you joined us.

What sort of questions do you have about the Thunderfighter? If you just post a question or problem, usually somebody will come up with a suggestion (or twelve.)

My curiosity is activated by your mentioning that you build harps. If it's not too much trouble, could you please post a couple of pictures of your instruments?

Even though off-topic, I'm pretty sure it is okay; the moderators here are very understanding as long as things don't get out of hand...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard! Check the alternate reality threads - might be a build already. Regardless, you should find enough similar info to get you rolling.

Yogi
Old 05-21-2010, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I will insert a couple of photos, of my harps, at the end, of this. The couple of questions I have at the moment are, 1. Pieces 68 thru 74, are they glue tabs?

When I want to design my own kit, Why would I make glue tabs separate from the piece? Thanks for the help. Here are some photos of my harps;

If you would like to see more, so we don't fill this thread, go to harpman(at)lewiscreek(dot)net
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpman View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I will insert a couple of photos, of my harps, at the end, of this. The couple of questions I have at the moment are, 1. Pieces 68 thru 74, are they glue tabs?

When I want to design my own kit, Why would I make glue tabs separate from the piece? Thanks for the help. Here are some photos of my harps;

If you would like to see more, so we don't fill this thread, go to harpman(at)lewiscreek(dot)net
Great pictures of a beautiful instrument {great workmanship}. The reason for having separate glue tabs is so that when two pieces are joined together it makes a smooth BUTT joint, otherwise if you had the tabs on the part - the next piece would glue on top of the tabs and make a STEP in the piece {not a smooth joint} separate tabs are almost the norm especially for the fuselage on aircraft or hulls of ships. Hope that helps

-----------------|---------------- BUTT JOINT {Separate tabs at line}
_______________----------------- STEPPED JOINT {Tabs on part at line}
Google Adsense