PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 05-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello from the road!

Greetings, fellow modelers,

I am a corporate jet pilot and plastic modeler at heart, but recently discovered the joy of paper modeling as a way to continue model-making while on the road without hauling around the cumbersome plastic modeling supplies. After briefly perusing the gallery on this forum, I have to say that I have a lot to learn..there is an abundance of talent here!

One kit is completed so far (the Currell Designs Space Ship One free download). Here is a picture of it on the desk at the Marriott. I am looking forward to learning the art of paper modeling and many more completions!

Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome! You didn't start simple, did you? Well done.

Yogi
Old 06-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard but no picture! We, just re-post the pictures. By the way, there are a few pilots in this forum as well who may have something in common with you. See you around in the forums.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Wonderful intro mate.
The more I do paper modeling, the more I realize that I need just as much "stuff" to do paper modeling as I did plastic. Yep! even my trusty badger airbrush and compressor when I get my skills up a bit.

There is a huge wealth of talent here and only to happy to help out.

We love pictures too, so looking forward to seeing some of your Space ship One when you get a moment.

Take care and see you around.

Cheers
Jim
Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the kind greetings, everyone! Silveroxide, I am looking forward to chatting with some of the other traveling pilots as as I am curious to know what they include (or don't include) in their travel kits. Here is the pic of my first completion. I need to work on rolling the paper better so the edges don't get creases. I think my paper may have been a bit thick (110# stock) also, so my next model is going to be built out of something a little thinner. And Bagpiper, you are correct...my paper modeling gear can easily get out of hand, but I think the TSA is my biggest motivator to keep things simple!

Google Adsense