PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.19 MB
Hello from Augusta, Georgia, USa

Hello all!

I am a retired dentist working on my first card model - the digital navy Arizona- which may not have been a good choice for a first project. As soon as I figure out how to take some pictures in macro mode I will post a picture of my progress.

I am glad to be able to take part in this forum and look forward to meeting members from around the world, particularly those members from Poland. My daughter is engaged to a Polish citizen and I am very interested in learning about Poland so when I visit the country I will more familiar with customs, traditions, travel, etc.

Greg
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard, Greg! Any model that interests you is a good one to start with. But (and it's a big one), be sure and take your time, ask questions if needed, be prepared to test fit/trim/modify/and redo parts (you'll be glad you did when you're done).
Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Yogi
Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard, We seem to have two things in common, paper modeling and dentistry, my daughter is a hygienist and is a source of blades and tools that come in handy in modeling. The mold material that you use is great for making molds and the cast resin for making figurines. While drill bits can put teeth on edge, they are great for drilling and forming small objects. Now that you mentioned the Arizona, There is a build here or over at zealot.com that can come in handy as a reference. Browse the site and check to see if a model you are interest in has been built before and if there is a build thread on it. Good luck on your build and hope to see your progress soon. Do not forget to ask question if you run into any questionable build steps. See you around the forum.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Woo Hoo! Someone from my old hometown!

Greg, welcome to the forum! Don't forget to add yourself to the Google Map of the PaperModeling world. Link HERE

I for one am very interested in seeing your build, as the DN Arizona is a superb model. Be sure to check out EIBWarrior's 1/100 build of that vessel. Mark is one of the great craftsmen on this site.

On a more personal note... Have you ever had lunch at Hildebrandt's? I highly recommend it if you haven't...
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Welcome from Jasper Ga.
CT
Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hi Greg --

I spent most of the decade of the 60s at Fort Gordon in Augusta, with time out for tours in Korea and Vietnam.

And we have a Polish son-in-law.

In general, dentists tend to be excellent model builders and I look forward to seeing your photos. I am eager to see how you are coping with Roman's splendid Arizona model, having a particular interest in U.S. warships of that period.

Don
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Welcome Greg,
Looking forward to seeing images of your Arizona. It is one of the grand projects of the paper-ship-building world. If you are a beginner, you won't be when you have her finished. I hope you enjoy it.
Mike
Old 07-13-2010, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ultra
welcome Greg

hope that u have a lot of fun in here

waiting to see your models

ultra stone