PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well, here I am

And the email said I cannot download until I post a message, otherwise I am still suspected of being a spammer or worse. I promise I have not eaten any spam since I was about 13 on a boy scout trip. I am not sure why it was good then, it is certainly not now.

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning about this modeling stuff from all of you, I know next to nothing now. But it looks like great fun, for myself and perhaps for my 18 grandchildren.

Bill
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2010, 06:52 PM

18 grandchildren, huh? wow.
On hold: SS Heart of Gold
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Welcome, Bill! Glad to have you aboard.

If you want to learn about paper modeling, you have certainly come to the right place.
Check out the galleries, the build threads, get some cardstock and start cutting, folding and gluing. When you finish something, or if you get stuck, send us some pictures.
Any questions; just ask. We are so full of answers around here it will make your head spin.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
From one grandfather to another, welcome aboard and enjoy you stay. Learn a few things here and show off to the grandkids as well. Keep in mind that they will want to play with them and they will not understand why the wheels, the propellers do not turn or how come they do not fly.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome aboard, Bill! There is a minimum post feature but I think you'll find you have enough to say and show. Then, check the downloads for some models you can make with the grandkids (I'm prejudiced toward stomp rockets as an easy build for smaller hands with a payoff - they do fly).

Also, check the links tab (top right) for other sources of commercial and free downloadable models.

Yogi (not that there's anything wrong with SPAM - as long as it comes in the can and not over the net ...)
Google Adsense
Old 07-20-2010, 09:50 AM

In Defense of Spam

Bill-

I must rise in defense of Spam (the food, not the email annoyance). Seriously, I do actually love the stuff. Let me guess - you were in the US military? Seems like there's only 2 types of vets - those who love Spam (my father got me hooked), and those who hate it. Odd, though, I got my first doses of it over a camp stove myself. Perhaps a conspiracy between Hormel and Coleman? And now they have the Boy Scouts involved?!? We must defend our children (or in your case, grandchildren) from this insidious conspiracy before........

Sorry, my Spam's done. Gotta go have lunch. Um, what were we talking about? Something about camping, or being campy, or being around the bend? (That last one describes me to a T.) Talk to you soon, I hope - provided I haven't scared you too badly.:D
Bud Malone