PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.59 MB
Greetings from Penna

Hello Everyone,

I have been building models for as long as I can remember, first plastic, later dime scale free flight.

I built my first cardstock model in the mid 90s - the Chrysler Building, from the World at Your Feet series. No more paper until this past April.

I look on the paper models as a new challenge. Built a couple of the FG planes, then jumped right in with the Fly Model Horten 229 night fighter. It is going well for my first serious cardstock model.

My time is divided between the Horten and finishing off the large Revell model of Old Ironsides, just a mast and rigging left. This is really the Ph D of plastic models, once you've finished it, not many challenges left in this medium. So it's on to paper.

My interests are primarily WW I aviation, Luft 46, and of course large sailing ships.

I'm astounded at the craftsmanship and quality of work I see on this site, and hope to improve the caliber of my models by reading and observing what goes on here.

Tom
Google Adsense
Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to more posts from you.

Tim
Old 07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard. If you enjoyed building Old Ironsides, then you will be amazed at Doris's HMS Victory. If Old Ironsides is the Apex of Plastic, then Doris Victory is the apex of papermodeling. Be sure to check out her build thread here. You will enjoy your stay with us and hoping to see some of your works soon. See you around the forums.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
You, sir, are located near the current forum post record holder, Colonel Don Boose. KCStephens and myself are not to far removed from you either. Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your contributions!

Greg
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Tom --

It's really great to see your name appear in the Forum. I look forward to seeing you again and hearing how your fine-scale Aeronca turned out.

As Greg mentioned, he, Kevin, and I are all in close proximity and look forward to you joining us next year at Army Heritage Days (along with John [DrLaser], Rick [RickStef], Mike [bomarc] and whoever else shows up. And we don't have to wait until then to get together and talk paper models.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome, Tom. Looking forward to your graduate-level posts.

Yogi (definitely could use some more larnin')
Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
welcome. You come with an impressive resume (c.v.). Look forward to seeing some pictures - plastic or paper models. You'll find most of us drift between the two as it is.

Cheers
Jim