PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello from Slovenia

Hi, i come from very small but beautiful country in Europe, Slovenia. I'm 21 years old and one of my favourite hobbies is making paper craft models.

It all started when i accidentally found Yamaha's paper crafts site. I started making easy paper animals, and then after making 10 and more of them i got bored :D so i started working on my first bigger and more complicated paper motor Yamaha YZR-M1, which had 114 parts in all. I got so in to it that i made it in just 3 days ( i was sleeping, eating and assembling my motor and that was it :D).

Now, after 1 year of pause, i started working on my second model Yamaha VMAX. I already made an engine. At the moment i don't have enough time to continue building it because of my school exams.

I'm looking forward to be learning from u guys and building as many paper crafts as possible :D.

Best wishes, Gašper.

PS: Sorry if my English isn't perfect .
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Welcome, Gašper!

I congratulate you on building the Yamaha motorcycles. They are certainly complicated models, but they look very impressive when they are finished.

I like your story about eating, sleeping, and building the model. I occasionally experience that sort of frenzy also.

Of course your school exams must come first, but I hope that you will find time for building, also. If you have any questions (or answers) you wish to share, please do so. Also; do you have any photographs of the models you have built? We would love to see them!

Thomas
Old 07-22-2010, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
English

Dear Gasper:
Don't think your english is bad. I feel you from europe write better english than us native speakers. I just wish I was multi languages. don't worry just ask away. we love info from aroung the world,
Miles from the Falls
Old 07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Eternal Member

welcome Gašper to the forum if your looking for ideas ask away thats what people are here for to help each other out. Good luck in your exams by the way.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome Gaspar! Glad to have you hear - chime in with your thoughts and let us see what you're building.
Yogi
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 AM

Thank you all for best wishes!
Today I had a photosession :D because of your requests for photos.
First of all here are some photos of my animal collection:

I forgot to mention that I also like origami, and I think that this also fits on this forum:

When I am at school, and we have ''very interesting'' :D lectures, I like to fold this kind of elephant:
, many of our lectures are interesting: :D.

I've almost exceeded my 20 pictures, so i'll post all the others on the next post...

Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 AM

Finally here are some pictures of my first bigger model Yamaha YZR-M1, as I said, it took me just 3 days to make it, so many details could be better, but I'm quite pleased with it:

And here is an engine of my next model VMAX in comparison:

There you go! When i'll have time I'll post pictures of making VMAX if you would like, but they are almost the same as the other posts of VMAX on this forum, so i'll probably just post the ''final product'' :D.

See you soon!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Welcome, Gaspar!

Nice collection!

Wyvern
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Wow, Gašper! That is a very nice ménagerie! Thank you for sending so many pictures.

The motorcycles from Yamaha are complex to build, but the result is very impressive.
I also like your origami, especially the conquering mouse standing triumphant over the tiny elephants!

I hope to see you around the forums.

Thomas