PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > The Welcome Desk

Old 09-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool Hello Everyone

Hello! My name is Fernando and I'm writing from Brazil. I've discovered the papermodel few years ago, but never tried something like this kind of papermodel (ships, airplanes, vehicles etc.), only few models from games. So, Im new on this and i'd like to learn as much as i can here. I saw some very amazing models here and I think its gonna be a very pleasant place to learn, you guys seems to be very professional in this art. I read something and i have a question, what exactly is a pirate model? I know its not a Galeon with some little one eye pirate and a parrot on his shoulder. So, thanks a lot in advance, and, as english is not my mother language, apologies for the mistakes i can write. I will try to improve this too.
Best regards.
Fernando
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Hi Ferhdas, and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask of any question, there are lots of people here that can help you out. As far as a "Pirate" model, I think that it is a commercial kit that someone has purchased, than, for what ever reason, re-painted it and called it theirs, or simply reposted it for anyone to download.

Happy Modeling
Bob
Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Welcome, Fernando! To echo Bob: a pirated model is any model distributed without the consent (or without paying) the copyright holder. Pirates often copy someone else's work and either sell or give the model away without paying the real author or getting their permission.
Some free models are marked specifically allowing you to pass on copies - if the model does not say that then any copy you get from anyone other than the original designer, their web site, or a legitimate retailer is a pirated model.
Yogi
Old 09-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Welcome aboard Fernando, when another person joins the paper modeling we rejoice. There are many free models here and at other sites (check the links, enlaces) If the model is made by Maly Modelars, GPM, and a few other well known names and it is FREE, then it is a stolen model. Also, this site will not allow stolen models to be posted. Enjoy what there is to be offered and see you around the forums.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Welcome! Don't worry, my Portuguese/Spanish is not too great either! We will get by fine though,
CT
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 PM

Thanks everyone, I really appreciated the answers! And I hope start building something in the next couple days, I wish. Thank you very much!