PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
ZP contest - Bertand du Guesclin

For my Zio Prudenziati entry I'm going to try one of his soldiers - Bertrand du Guesclin "the Eagle of Brittany". The figure is billed as 90mm, but on letter paper, I'm sure it'll be smaller - probably 75-80mm. I've built a couple of anime figures, and I know how difficult they can be. This one should be a hoot. I'll use it for practice before I try to tackle one of his mounted figures. Eventual photos to follow.
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Wow! Interesting project. I made a bunch of Zio's 54mm flat Rennaissance soldiers, which were beautiful. This will be a very challenging build, but very much worth seeing.

Don
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
Like yourself, I've decided to enter one of his figures - being from the UK it had to be the Great English King - Richard the Lionheart - Richard the First - although he only ever spoke French and spent little time in England!

It's printed and initial photos taken - now for the real work!...
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I've got Richard the First printed out and ready as well, so these trheads will be especially informative for me! Looking forward to following your efforts, gentlemen.
Chris
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Mon dieu! Besed on these replies, the French are outnumbered by the British 2 to 1. We need reinforcements! Wait, I see Toddlea's chasseur approaching in the distance. France is saved!

Anyway, I have monsieur du Guesclin printed out. The model is designed for A4 paper, and Zio goes right to the edge with his parts. When I fit to print on letter sized paper, I thought the model looked awfully small, so I converted the file to a jpeg, and printed out half the page at a time with a bogus A4 paper size. That way the model would be 90mm as intended.

Interesting document properties as a jpeg by the way. Document size at 100% is 34.755" x 50". Jpeg file size is 15.8 meg for one page! My print size - 5.83% of the original.

Picture is lousy - sorry. My dated digital camcorder does much better with closeups.
Attached Thumbnails
ZP contest - Bertand du Guesclin-guesclinparts.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2011, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks like this one will be an evocative and impressive model, Don.