PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Coming along well Max
thanks barry how is my USS Eishenhower coming along will i need to scavange a bigger bit of waste wood like picnic baskets to make that beauty of yours barry?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Eternal Member

Well I must say I am building this a different way to it is in the instructions not by habit but the parts needed to do it in the order he has in the instructions are the six pages not printed. so must continue i suppose the handy way of the method shown is you need a bit less space till last few stages. I continue now for a few hours. I hope to have the hull done with the decking this evening but not sure as i can't find some of the parts so may be a problem on that front due to running out of the ink looks like the bear be on ebay buying ink today. a bit earlier than planned due to parts not printed to get a bit done. so i suppose i do have the other planes ready printed and if that happens I will pick one of them to build while waiting for ink to arrive.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Eternal Member

hold on is Thursday the second of June? I need to hurry up then to get this finished by Friday that annoying neighbour better not disturb me again. can i use your laptop and takes over it for five long hours that is just rude if you ask me
Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Eternal Member

another bit of an update. at least i got part of the hull done not all thanks to a neighbour wanting to use the laptop for a few minutes that turned into four hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0496.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0497.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0498.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0499.jpg  
Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 AM
Eternal Member

well that is the hull done, now to see what else can assemble with what is printed before the ink arrives its marked as dispatched so bit of luck it be here by thursday. by the way my cutting mat seems to be warped a bit how do i get it back to be flat? its driving me nuts
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0501.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0502.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0503.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0504.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Eternal Member

I have no idea where I am going to keep it when finished are photograph it. my flat is not so big and is grubby to say the least. It be sure to get wrecked in my place if here for any real length of time. why i am rushing i suppose really to finsih it i know with the little space its going to be moved and that means trouble big trouble. right now it is sitting on the only place it can on top of the epsom printer the only place in the flat where it can go and not be move so much
Old 05-31-2011, 06:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
well that is the hull done, now to see what else can assemble with what is printed before the ink arrives its marked as dispatched so bit of luck it be here by thursday. by the way my cutting mat seems to be warped a bit how do i get it back to be flat? its driving me nuts
Run hot or very warm water over the cutting mat until it is heated through, lay flat, cover with flat heavy object(s) until completely cool.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Good afternoon, doctormax!

Well, there's always the wall to fix it on. When I was a boy, my ship models were put on shelves made of thin plywood (around 3-4 mm, with stiffening frames around the edges). These were connected in 3 tiers by pieces of string and then hung from a peg at the wall. Like this: /\
.................................................. ......./__\
.................................................. ......[___]
.................................................. ......[___]
If you are not so delicate about materials you could do this in a similar fashion but using thick triple glued cardboard or corrugated cardboard (Wellpappe) instead.
The other way would be making a shelf of thick (triple) cardboard the size of the ship, adding two triangles at both ends and bending them down at points a and b like this:
_ a_________________________________________b__
\ |................................................. ..................| /
.\|__________________________________________|/

Now you can glue some straps of bristol cardboard (reinforced with aluminium cut in form from yoghurt lids or something) to these points reaching slightly over the surface of the shelf and then nailing them unto the wall.

Kind regards -
Papercaptain

Last edited by Papercaptain; 05-31-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Adjustment of sketch
Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Eternal Member

theres the problem the landlord won't let me even put a nail in the wall, but back to the build of the Zara.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0505.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0506.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0507.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0508.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0509.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0510.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0511.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0512.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Eternal Member

more update a fair bit to do on this part as of yet but its getting there.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0513.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0514.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0516.jpg  
Google Adsense