PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
well there is a lot of cutting I also wish i thought of the qtip when putting them tube things up the side and into the parts would have saved a good deal of crushed card but happy enough it turned out pretty well. a bit more to cut and glue for this part than you would think just have the part on the ship hull its not glued down got a fair bit to do yet before i do glue her down.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0517.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0518.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0519.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0520.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0521.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0001.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Looking good. I hope I can find the 'safe place' I put my CD with Zio's Scharnhorst and Graf Spee on it. Even better if they will eventually get posted on Zio's new website.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Looking good. I hope I can find the 'safe place' I put my CD with Zio's Scharnhorst and Graf Spee on it. Even better if they will eventually get posted on Zio's new website.
Ah thats interesting wonder what scale they are in the mean time the ink has not arrived so it looks more like it be next tuesday before the ink arrives. Only tommorow for post and then its the long weekend but got plenty i can do on the build without the resupply of ink. has anyone got a clue what this part is? i think it is to long to be part DTP1-2 but can't find a part DTP1-2 on the kit so it must be it really using the sherlock homes method of card model investigation. so leaving it to last i think be the best way really
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-mystery-part.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Eternal Member

update well i was having trouble with the gurders been so small so does it matter if I don't cut out the gaps on small ones will find out when its done i suppose if they make it look bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0002.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0003.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0004.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0005.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0007.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0008.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0010.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0011.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0012.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0013.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0015.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0016.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0017.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Eternal Member

The part looks to be the top half of the funnel Doc

Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
The part looks to be the top half of the funnel Doc
could be i am sure it belong somewhere. I suppose I find out when i get the other parts done then it be screaming at me heres where i go.( wonder where it went it seems to have fallen down somewhere with my lotto ticket has the funnel ran off with my lotto ticket and spending the money ) Ink did not arrive so looks like be out of printed parts by tommorow evening on the Zara. I can say now this is going to look a lovely looking ship when done. So far i can say this for advice for those who wish to build it.

when doing the hull. do the spine first onto the base. then the ribs onto the spine and the base. Do the instructions have to start with the guns for some reason i think much better to do the hull and then be able to glue parts to it when ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0001.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0002.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0004.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0005.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0007.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0006.jpg  

Last edited by doctormax; 06-03-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Eternal Member

now in the process of finding parts that can be finished and put on the Zara that will not be in the way of other parts which is kind of fun really also helps make the Zara look that bit more finished than it is. Alright if i do all i can it won't have the funnels and the main guns when the printed parts run out but will be well on the way to been finished. I reckon at this rate there is maybe ten days left of the build on the kit maybe less.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0010.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0013.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0011.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0014.jpg  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I have my own theory why Zio tells you to build the small guns first. I dread the eyestrain and mindless repetition of building the little buggers....it is what has bogged down my work on the USS Colorado, and I'm still not psyched up enough to return to it. I guess his thinking is, if you are going to get builders block, it might as well be up front so you don't have a whole bunch of hours invested on the rest of the kit.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I have my own theory why Zio tells you to build the small guns first. I dread the eyestrain and mindless repetition of building the little buggers....it is what has bogged down my work on the USS Colorado, and I'm still not psyched up enough to return to it. I guess his thinking is, if you are going to get builders block, it might as well be up front so you don't have a whole bunch of hours invested on the rest of the kit.
there is a lot of girders on it that others building may tackle more then I would some were just cut out what was about two milimeters square to be honest take my glasses off and would not see them
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Eternal Member

darn i lost a part for some reason i do not think it be a great idea to print out a page when i get ink to get what is just a part that on the sheet takes up. less than 2cm square. so wondering what to do. try and make up one with a part to suit are just add that part to one of the sheets that needs to be printed. that would seem wiser than printing a full a4 page for such a small part. that are else keep looking for it. In the mean time as the printed parts start to run out i have continued to do what can be done and assembled to the ship and I figure best to do them now before I do parts that will make it awkward to put them in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Zara-gedc0015.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0016.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0018.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0019.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0020.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0021.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0022.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0024.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0025.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0026.jpg  

Prudenzio Zara-gedc0027.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0028.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0029.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0030.jpg   Prudenzio Zara-gedc0031.jpg  

Google Adsense