PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Beautiful build - thanks for the tips.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What a cool model! Really nice work, especially on all the delicate cutting involved. Thanks for photo-documenting the build so thoroughly!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
I've been trying my hand at this one, but getting that deck scored and folded correctly has become the bane of my existence. Maybe I should make my own build thread about this...
Old 07-29-2011, 10:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Dabeer, getting the platform shaped was about the most difficult part of the build...kind of like trying to molest a wildcat with a wet strand of spagetti. Why not document your build with a thread? I alsays like it when there are multiple build threads on the same model.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Dabeer, getting the platform shaped was about the most difficult part of the build...kind of like trying to molest a wildcat with a wet strand of spagetti. Why not document your build with a thread? I alsays like it when there are multiple build threads on the same model.
I was just about to start one. Stay tuned!
Google Adsense
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM

Ok, so the top of the deck/platform next to the cabin... is a piece (or two pieces) missing here, or are we really supposed to color it ourselves? and should it be red or black?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Dabeer, I think what you are referring to is that the cab does not extend all the way to the edge of the platform, leaving an exposed white lip at the cab base. I decided to color mine red, and extended the red coloration all around the edge of the platform. This leaves a thin red stripe down the side of the engine after the water tank/boiler assembly is glued on. So far as I can tell, that coloration is typical of this type of engine. Your build is coming along nicely.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Dabeer, I think what you are referring to is that the cab does not extend all the way to the edge of the platform, leaving an exposed white lip at the cab base. I decided to color mine red, and extended the red coloration all around the edge of the platform. This leaves a thin red stripe down the side of the engine after the water tank/boiler assembly is glued on. So far as I can tell, that coloration is typical of this type of engine. Your build is coming along nicely.

I just went back and looked at the PDF... I'm almost 100% certain now that the wide part of the deck is actually supposed to be folded over onto itself. The PDF shows the wide bits as solid black, while the rest of the underside is more of a grainy gray. Obviously Zio didn't include any scoring marks, nor show this in the instructions, but... I think I will be doing a re-build of this model, with reinforcing cardboard for the deck and frame rails, and I'll try folding it over.

I'm toying with the idea of designing a few more parts, to cover the edges if I do use the ~1mm reinforcement, so they can have the laser printer glossiness instead of my marker dullness... we'll see. Maybe throw in the missing parts you mentioned, too.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Beautiful build Darwin! That second photo looks like POTW material especially if it's cropped so that the shadow in front of the loco gets removed. Kinda like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Zio Prudenzio Contest - Gr-950-41.jpg