PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework

This one will be a sort of kitbash of Zio's Amazon figure. With his permission, I've done a little recolor here and there and I've taken parts from several of his other figure kits. My hope is that I can put all the pieces together in a more dramatic pose that has more of the look of the "Sword and Sandal" epic films of the fifties that I grew up with.
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_4896.jpg
I've done a little digital make-up on her to get that Hollywood glamor feel (Zio's original above, recolor below);
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_4875.jpg
There are a few embellishments like the red and yellow on the shield. And I couldn't help recoloring the skirt from one of the Hoplites to a girlie pink;
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_4877.jpg

Not sure I can really pull this one off, but it'll be a fun one to attempt!
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2011, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Ah, Hollywood!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Ah, Hollywood!
inside joke....
Don, the whole "Hollywood" thing sounds VERY familiar!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:19 PM

Finally got a bit of a start on this one.
I took the helmet from the second Hoplite of Zio's. I had a problem getting the petal formed crown to a good shape. I t wound up flat on top and I had to add a center piece.
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_4998.jpg
The head on this one is a challenge. It's a number of thin slivers to form the jawline and its delicate work. I'm not using the helmet supplied with the kit. Instead, I'm hoping to use numerous copies of the inside of the shield (brown wood-grain) to form her long flowing hair. We'll see how good an idea that is....
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_4999.jpg
I wasn't intending to do much layering, but I wound up with three copies of the kit, so I'm taking advantage of that. Here's the edge and snake from the shield as added layers;
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5000.jpgPrudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5001.jpg

I added a nose and lips to the face after I finished the jawline.

Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5005.jpg

So far, it's the face and some weapons, but it's a start. I was thinking of possibly doing a small diorama, maybe a hunting scene. Anyone know if there's a good wild boar kit out there anywhere?

Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5006.jpg

She needs a name that fits here warlike Amazonian nature. Think I'll call her "Babs".
Old 06-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
She's really looking good Chris. I like the new makeup and embellishment to the shield. Helmet came out very nice too. Will she be wearing it? A shame to cover up them big ol' Angelina Jolie lips .
Google Adsense
Old 06-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Don,
I'm thinking she'll be wearing it back, like this;
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5007.jpg

The real challenge on this one is going to be stretching the original design to the max to get a more dynamic pose. Not sure it's going to work as I stare blankly at the parts. We'll see.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Such sweet thunder

Beautiful work, Chris. You have done some excellent and well-informed modifications.

Babs is okay for a warlike name (Becky and Topsy would also work), but it really should be Hippolyta, who was with Hercules and Cadmus once, with hounds of Sparta.

Don
Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 AM

Just playing with the idea of doing a hunting diorama. I dug up a Red River Pig from my old Raspera files and downsized it to see if it could work;
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5008.jpg

It's too simple a model as is, but I may be able to find a way to give it some sort of additional coat that might make it more convincing?

Also starting to try and figure out how I'm going to do Babs hair. This will be a test piece to get somewhere in the ballpark. Once I fit this I can use it for something more final, after her pose has been set.
Prudenzio Contest Amazon rework-img_5009.jpg
Old 06-10-2011, 01:09 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
The straight woodgrain works pretty well for hair texture. I wonder if its possible to modify that pig into into a more menacing looking wild boar kind of thing? At the very least it needs tusks and a bit of raised razor back hair down its back.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I wonder if its possible to modify that pig into into a more menacing looking wild boar kind of thing? At the very least it needs tusks and a bit of raised razor back hair down its back.
That's what I'm struggling with at the moment. Tusks are no problem, it's really about creating a more convincing fur style. And like you say, the hair ridge down the back would really help. I'm thinking of trying tissue paper soaked in glue?
Google Adsense