PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-14-2011, 07:45 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I am using this build as a primer for me when I try to build one of the Aston Martins he has available.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I sort of doing what Rickstef is since I have one of the Astons downloaded. Excellent job on that turtledeck even if it did fight you. That was about the point I stalled on the Bugatti T35 I was trying.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm enjoying your posts documenting your efforts with this fascinating model! Hope you will continue onward - I want to see this model finished with that nicely hinged hood open!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
I like it Darwin and downloaded it when first heard of this car, these are unique models and won't ever be identical but still better than Canon's Jag XKE, and more detailed...
Old 06-15-2011, 06:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Thanks for the encouragement...so here are a few more pics of the progress. I wound up cutting off the front fenders and reversing their location on the car...I had it right to begin with, apparently just didn't have the fender positioned right the first attempt. The rear fenders are pretty straightforward. I bend the support struts away from the body a bit in order to position the fenders so they look right with respect to the end of the rear axle. The body is pretty well in the bag now...on with the fiddly bits, while I ponder whether to do the "easy" or "advanced" version of the wheels.

Prudensio Alpha Romeo-83.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-84.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-85.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-86.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-87.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-88.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-89.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-90.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-91.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-92.jpg
Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
It really looks great with the hood open.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Another piece of the build puzzle solved....maybe not as Zio intended it, but there are no pieces left over and it looks ok. Couldn't wait until the other wheels get built (it took the better part of two hours to get the first one done) to see how it will look on the car. How cool is that? I think I will find some laurels somewhere and rest on them for the rest of the day...laurels don't have thorns, do they?

Prudensio Alpha Romeo-93.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-94.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-95.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-96.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-97.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-98.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-100.jpg

Bye the way, I figured the red conic part goes on the back of the wheel. I trimmed off the tip of the cone in order to give a flat surface for gluing the wheels to the axles.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.47 MB
Outstanding build so far. Wheels look great!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I don't think this model could be built any better and I also think it has come out way way better thank you think. It is really cool looking, and has that "other era" look to it. Very cool indeed!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thumbs up

That is pretty cool. Paper spokes on wheels that size, no wonder it took two hours.
Google Adsense