PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.56 MB
Duc d'Eu

Not eligible for entry into the contest I know - no build photos (had every intention of doing so but got a little carried away!), but thought I'd post the pics any how.

Zio has now started to upload his Agincourt figures and I though it a good idea to give one a go! At present they are all notable figures - Dukes, Earls etc, both English and French, and the option will be either to have them on foot or on horse back. The variety of coats of arms makes this a great colourful subject and I, for one, will be trying to build a few more.

Anyway - subject of this build, Charles of Artois - Count of Eu (1394-1472) Lieutenant of the King in Normandy and Guyenne and Governer of Paris. Taken prisoner by the English at Agincourt in 1415 he was not released until 1438.

For this exercise I increased the size by 20% to make things just that little bit easier for my fingers. The scale-up printed fine and the model built pretty well with no real problems. Getting a realistic stance takes a little bit of time and patience but is well worth it. The petal helmet also takes (as are all petal forms) a little time.

The gauntlets and 'wrap-around' hands work really well and make it easy to get the figure to grasp almost anything. The face could easily be improved yet further by more layering and, as an earlier post alluded to, it would be fairly easy to exchange the face for any other (with Zio's approval of course).

An enjoyable build (especially at the increased size of 120%).....

Next for me is to try and do a couple of similar models in some rather more 'action' poses - watch this space!

Hopefully it wont be too long now before Zio gets to uploading his Agincourt foot soldiers....
Attached Thumbnails
Duc d'Eu-sany0097ab.jpg   Duc d'Eu-sany0098ab.jpg   Duc d'Eu-sany0100ab.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very well done! Your extra time spent on perfecting the pose has paid off.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
This looks great and I'm glad to see more of the figures getting built. The mounted knights are particularly tempting to me, but it looks like a real job to repose them into something a little more dynamic?
I vote this one gets in the contest regardless!
Chris
Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Shawn, after inspecting the rules, I see no requirement that a "build thread" must have in-progress photos...seems to me that a written "impressions of the build" statement and photos of the final model are enough to get you into the game. Good looking build...I relate to enlarging the models so one can manage to handle the fiddly bits. Most of Zio's models are drawn so accurately that they hold up well with large (x2 or bigger) enlargements.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks guys

I leave it up to the competition moderator to decide on whether to include the model or not. Either way, it was an enjoyable build.

Wouldn't it be just great if there was a similar set of paper figurines depicting WWI and WWII soldiers!!

Last edited by shawndymond; 06-14-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Yeah, the rules say about a donation but nothing about build pic. I couldn't agree more with Darwin.

Papermate
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndymond View Post

I leave it up to the competition moderator to decide on whether to include the model or not. Either way, it was an enjoyable build.
Of course you can enter this in the contest. The build thread is only a suggestion. Great build. Hope to see more.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 AM

Thanks guys - I offer the model for inclusion in the competition then...