PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Ray, no offense taken. Just explaining my choices of materials.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:06 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I can understand that. Does make sense to me!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Kachunk. Pull the handle and another little bird pops out. I made a few refinements in the process, which seemed to really improve it. First, I created a bulkhead to hold the fuselage front in proper shape while doing the rigging...this stiffened things enough that I didn't have nearly the problems with supposedly taut lines going slack as soon as I started working on the next one. Also, I let the piano wire in the struts extend a bit beyond the end of the strut, and added appropriate pin holes in the wing and body to accept the wire. This made a big difference in ease of attaching the struts. Also, instead of having a rat's nest of strings at the start of the rigging step, I did the rigging one wire at a time, trying to alternate sides to keep from overly stressing one wing bay. Seeing as how this one built in a single day rather than two, I think it all worked.

Prudenzi Sopwith Camel-15.jpgPrudenzi Sopwith Camel-16.jpgPrudenzi Sopwith Camel-17.jpgPrudenzi Sopwith Camel-18.jpgPrudenzi Sopwith Camel-19.jpgPrudenzi Sopwith Camel-20.jpg

Now a chance for the peanut gallery to chime in. I want to do two more aircraft for the mobile, but am getting my fill of D-vs and Camels. Do you think it would be heresy to add a Fokker tripe and maybe a Nieuport to the scrum?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:35 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Another nice one Darwin. And I think it perfectly acceptable to add a Fokker Triplane
to the mix. And, I don't think an Eindecker would be out of place either.

I hope you'll give us a picture of the completed mobile when it is done, I look forward to it.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice work that rigging is so good. i suppose it is something have to get practicing in the future rigging
Google Adsense
Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Sooo-perb! This is (in my opinion) a very attractive color scheme and I appreciate the info on your techniques for building this one.

Don