PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
update, its going fairly well despite the lack of instructions i am using the photos from the site to get an idea where some parts go sadly one of it finished is not up there to just some most of the parts in place and thats the major problem really if there was a few photos of it finished then it be a bit easier to figure out.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0134.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0135.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0137.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0136.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0138.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0139.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0140.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0141.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0142.jpg  
Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Eternal Member

going a bit slower now trying to figure what parts are what where they go and so on without having a clue of what it looks like when finished. so far it seems to be right
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0144.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0145.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0146.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0147.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0148.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0149.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0150.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0151.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Eternal Member

hi for todays update i have done what i figure is the airplane launcher most of the plane and a few other parts. I have no idea how the floats connect to the plane and got the problem of no good photo of what this section looks like in fact so its going to be a case of think then do and hope as with most of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0152.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0153.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0154.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0155.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0156.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0157.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0158.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0159.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0160.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0161.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0162.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0163.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0164.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0165.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0166.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0167.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0168.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0169.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0172.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0170.jpg  

Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Smile Float plane moutnings for the floats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
hi for todays update i have done what i figure is the airplane launcher most of the plane and a few other parts. I have no idea how the floats connect to the plane and got the problem of no good photo of what this section looks like in fact so its going to be a case of think then do and hope as with most of this.
I like your build.
Here are the images I found for the Arado Ar.196 floatplane the Graf Spee carried. The struts for the floats are reasonably clear to see in each image.
I think of the 5, the picture on the catapault and the 3-view are the most useful.
I hope the pictures help.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-arado196-bismarck.jpeg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-arado-196-catapault..jpeg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-arado-196-grass.jpeg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-ar196-land.jpeg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-ar196-3-view.jpeg  

Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
I like your build.
Here are the images I found for the Arado Ar.196 floatplane the Graf Spee carried. The struts for the floats are reasonably clear to see in each image.
I think of the 5, the picture on the catapault and the 3-view are the most useful.
I hope the pictures help.

thanks I think they will help. its not a bad looking kit really. no idea of there is any other kits of the Graf Spee for sale are what quality to compare it with. What i do like about card model kits do much more parts than on a plastic kit i had of this a long long time ago that took about half an hour to put together.
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
There were some many years ago, purporting to be Graf Spee, Bismrack, etc.
Some were in 1:400, some in 1:600, and I think either Bandai or IMAI went completely insane and produced some in 1:800 and 1:2000.
In each case though, the hulls associated with each vessel name were suspiciously alike.
So much so that I concluded the hull to be a "generic" to which alternative decking and details were added. Hence, I never purchased such a kit.

I wish you very success with your build Doctormax.
I'm glad the pictures are of use to you.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
There were some many years ago, purporting to be Graf Spee, Bismrack, etc.
Some were in 1:400, some in 1:600, and I think either Bandai or IMAI went completely insane and produced some in 1:800 and 1:2000.
In each case though, the hulls associated with each vessel name were suspiciously alike.
So much so that I concluded the hull to be a "generic" to which alternative decking and details were added. Hence, I never purchased such a kit.

I wish you very success with your build Doctormax.
I'm glad the pictures are of use to you.

I know that Jsc do one I spotted a build of it on here earlier. That looked really good. A 1.2000 card model that would be tiny. I was thinking i may get this finished tommorow but maybe not. its finding where parts go that is taking so long to figure out more than anything really. if there was instructions and numbers i probably be finished tonight JSC NR 35 Almiral Graf Spee & AF 85 + scrach
Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Eternal Member

today is going to be the big day on this up early and working on the model. I hope to have it nearly done today. I would think i got it about 58% completed at this stage the plane is done not put in place yet as there is a two guns i think to go almost under it and the array on a part nearby so i am aiming to do them guns today far easier i would think to put them in place if i do it in that order. I will continue to take photos and show where they go are I think they go mores to the point.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0173.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0174.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0175.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0176.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0177.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0178.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0179.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0180.jpg  
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Coming along quite nicely, doctormax! Don't rush it.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Eternal Member

not rushing just got no job to worry about but i may just have heard something super and have to check it out right now and if its true i have to get saving big time
Google Adsense