PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
So a little bit done but these small parts take longer to sort out and i hope i got the idea how these guns go together. the stern has what i think is a torpedo tubes which i also assembled today
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0189.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0190.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0191.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0193.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0181.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0182.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0183.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0184.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0185.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0186.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0187.jpg  
Old 07-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Your build is coming along nicely, Doctormax.
I saw the Ar196 pic, neatly done.
Your overhead shot of the upper deck and fittings is a very useful one, showing as it does the details of parts placement.
You have done a very neat job of the bevelled curves of the torpedo tube housings, they have turned out well.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Your build is coming along nicely, Doctormax.
I saw the Ar196 pic, neatly done.
Your overhead shot of the upper deck and fittings is a very useful one, showing as it does the details of parts placement.
You have done a very neat job of the bevelled curves of the torpedo tube housings, they have turned out well.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
thanks, i think the overhead photos is the best way to show where parts go i take more photos like that for more parts when putting in place so people that are looking to build it see where i put them
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Eternal Member

There be no update tommorow going away for the day in the morning so be back to it on Sunday most likely sometime.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Eternal Member

ok back to the Graf Spee. and i think i found the solution to the shaky martin hands put the camera to sport notice any difference in the last few pictures its not someone else taking the pictures just shaky hand martin has gone for the sport setting on the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0469.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0470.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0471.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0472.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0475.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0476.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0477.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0478.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0479.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0482.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0483.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0484.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0485.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0486.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Eternal Member

another bit of an update. its working out fairly nicely must say
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0487.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0489.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0490.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0491.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0492.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0493.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0494.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0495.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0496.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0498.jpg  

Old 07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Eternal Member

Even at the slow rate of build of the last few days for reasons that some will know I am sure to get it finished before the end of the week really there are eight of these small one barrel gun mounts that go on the main deck three finished and in place have to put a few parts on to the main deck as well as i go along. working my way up the ship for building and trying to figure it out but it does look good.
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0500.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0501.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0502.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0503.jpg   Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0504.jpg  

Prudenzio Contest Graf Spree-gedc0505.jpg  
Old 07-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Some hints:
  • put some distance between camera and subject. It looks like several of your pictures are blurry not due to shaking, but because the lens is too close to focus properly. Did you activate macro mode?
  • never use zoom, either optical or digital. Zoom greatly amplifies shaking effects. Instead, use an image editor and crop unwanted areas. Zoom can also negate macro mode
  • minimize shaking effects by using higher shutter speeds, at least 1/125 - this requires lots of lighting (so-called "sports" mode does just that, it automatically prioritizes speed, but does not activate if there's not enough light)
  • as mentioned previously, you could also try a tripod; in-camera image stabilization can't perform miracles
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Your build is coming along nicely Doctormax my friend.
I am thoroughly enjoying seeing the details come together.
This is going to be a very fine build in deed.

Kind and Respectful Regards Doctormax my friend, Uyraell.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuruti View Post
Some hints:
  • put some distance between camera and subject. It looks like several of your pictures are blurry not due to shaking, but because the lens is too close to focus properly. Did you activate macro mode?
  • never use zoom, either optical or digital. Zoom greatly amplifies shaking effects. Instead, use an image editor and crop unwanted areas. Zoom can also negate macro mode
  • minimize shaking effects by using higher shutter speeds, at least 1/125 - this requires lots of lighting (so-called "sports" mode does just that, it automatically prioritizes speed, but does not activate if there's not enough light)
  • as mentioned previously, you could also try a tripod; in-camera image stabilization can't perform miracles
ok and you got me to remember i need to print some photos of a party and now i forgot about. Thanks Uyraell I am liking this a lot I am even looking to do the Das boat boat next maybe after i do Canons St Peters are the Notre Dame
Google Adsense