PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Look in the downloads section, Military aviation, WWI last page, page 2 i believe. Theres 4 downloads for various props for vintage aircraft...by Leif.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Well you did ask for one syllable words!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I took a look at the file. The wood texture rectangle on the right is the back of the prop.
Cut out the entire area, including the prop face and the back. Score the part down the
long side of the rectangle that touches the prop hub. Fold this part over and glue it down.
I would weight it down with a book to keep it flat. Once dry, cut out the prop using the front side as a guide.

Then cut out part P2 and roll into a circle. Glue that to the back of P3, then glue P1 to P3. Finally, glue P4 to the front of that assembly.

The propeller in the photos above is actually installed backwards. The round prop hub should be attached to the engine, providing
a standoff distance from the cowl. The actual hub, part P4, would still be on the forward side.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
Ray,
That's the ticket! I looked at some of the downloads OhioMike suggested but none of them had this particular shaped propeller. I should be able to move past this step now.

Also, Reubenandres does mention in his review of this particular model that there are a couple of pieces missing on the download sheet that would have made the propeller movable.

As a newbie, I appreciate any and all help (especially monosyllabic help!)

Phil
Old 12-17-2013, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjabraham View Post
Ray,
That's the ticket! I looked at some of the downloads OhioMike suggested but none of them had this particular shaped propeller. I should be able to move past this step now.

Also, Reubenandres does mention in his review of this particular model that there are a couple of pieces missing on the download sheet that would have made the propeller movable.

As a newbie, I appreciate any and all help (especially monosyllabic help!)

Phil
Well, yes. The graphic instructions show what looked to me like an axle to make a movable propeller. Circled in red below:

But those parts are not in the parts sheet.
A bit of modification and scratch would be needed. A pin would be handy if you wish to have a movable propeller.

I discarded the idea because the Dr.1 had a rotary engine. That means the entire engine (with all 9 cylinders) moved along at the same time with the propeller. And Zio's design only has parts for 3 visible cylinders. I prefered to leave it all static instead of going into the trouble of making an all movable rotary engine+propeller.

Also remember to correct the struts, as shown in the image below:

Kind regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Prudenzio Fokker DR-1-untitled-1.jpg   Prudenzio Fokker DR-1-untitled-1b.jpg  

Google Adsense