PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Prudenzio - Box Car

This time the box car...first entry of the contest extension. Looking at all the ventilation grilles, I'm wondering if this might have been a livestock car? My first guess was refrigerated car (literally, ice box car), as it is of that era, but (in the USA, anyway) normally there would be hatches in the roof of the car for loading ice. I really like the versions of these cars that have the little outhouse on the car end....
Prudenzio - Box Car-01.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-02.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-03.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-04.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-05.jpg
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Excellent, as always. How about a photo of all of your Zio rolling stock?

Don
Old 09-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
I would agree with you Darwin, it looks like it was probably for live stock.

Great looking build. I would love to see a line up of all the engines and rolling stock that you've done up to this point... I would imagine that you've got quite the set up by now.

I'm trying to remember aren't these in the neighborhood of N-Scale?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I think he was building at full-scale which was HO. He may have re-sized, though.

I don't think I'm up to building them at N-scale, but I'm sure there are many here who could.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:38 PM

I've been building the HO models without scale change. The mineatures (which I've done at least half of) are something close to N scale....I suspect they are a bit larger than 1:160, but close enough they look OK mixed with true N scale models. This evening I'll take a break and take a few pics of the layout "so far." The goal is to have a couple of completed dioramas by contest end.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM

A couple days late posting these pics, but have been slowed down a bit by a bout of tummy flu....which is major when the tummy is as large as mine. In any event, here are the pics of the Zio rolling stock completed so far. I have the models divided into HO scale and N scale groupings. A couple more of the rolling stock models and I'll have enough for the dioramas I'm planning. I suspect most of the contest extension will be spent on the final displays of the models already completed, though there may be a surprise here or there.

Prudenzio - Box Car-ho1.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-ho2.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-ho3.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-n1.jpgPrudenzio - Box Car-n2.jpg
Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Beautiful. I'm anxious to see the dioramas