PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Prudenzio Contest - Nieuport Triple Play 1-100 scale

Hello my friends!

My first participation in this contest is a triple play of Nieuport Fighters from Prudenziatti, I choose for this build a Nieuport 24 from Corpo Aeronauttico (Italian Air Force in WWI), a Nieuport 17 (DUKWS Build) from Russian Air Service and a esoteric Korosawa Ko-3 (Nieuport 24 build under license in Japan) used by Imperial Army Air Force in early 20's...

A First look about the kits, is a very simple build with beautiful textures, "shaped" engine and a spartan cockpit. Only issue is a tail in Nie 24 versions Zio use the same to all versions, for build a correct Nie 24 nedeed a small modification. Today I cut the pieces, first pics in the weekend...
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Smile

Well glentemans

I started cutting all the components of the three models, there is no simple task since many parts of these kits Prudenziatti.

Making a quick review of the models and observing the instruction manual that accompanies each file, to make the Nieuport 24 and Korozawa Ko 3, I'll spend a little more work because the author used the Nie 17 kit as the basis for all, changing only the rudder, but there is a need for these two to create the fuselage with circular section, a task that will not be difficult because of the nature of the type of construction without former. Wings are also a challenge in the three models, to leave with a reasonable looking, will have to undergo some modifications to address the assembly. Another modification is laminar, with a hard cardboard face of the engine, to generate a former to adjust and regulate the entire assembly of the fuselage. The tires will also be rolled, and do not intend to use the dual tabs, I still prefer the traditional method. Said these initial statement by hand to work ...

Continue soon...
Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful work, as always, Péricles.

Don
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM

Thank's Don, today or later tomorrow I sending the first pics of triple build...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I admire your organizational skills! I'll be very interested to see what modifications you do on the assembly. Zio's planes do seem to benefit from additional embellishments and I'm curious to find out how well the biplanes go together.
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 AM

I didn't realize that one of the Nieuports was the Japanese license-built version. I have downloaded one of these and look forward to your information on modifications.

Don
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM

Thank's my friends" Yesterday I building cowlings and start fuselages, pics today or tomorrow with building notes...
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Smile

My friends I show the progress in Nieuports build. The first step is make a cownlings. I print my models in 120gs paper, this thickness is too weak, so I reinforce the engine face with 2 mm cardboard...

I glue the main ring of cowling in face engine, and wait dry, after I cut the secundary ring...

For make a perfect curve, a usefull tip is use a rubber, and press and slide piece with espherical former, for smal pieces is great...

I make the gear box of engine, the method for former the piece is same, I pressing the piece with former and glue...

And this step is finished. After I build the last ring of cownling, the method is same described above...

The cownlings is finished...

Nexts steps: fuselage...
Old 06-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Smile

The fuselage to reproduce NiE 17 or 24 still a problem, the model is projected for a round shape cross section, but in this case for Nie 17 the fuselage is a box cross in mid section, so a I build using two abordages:

Option 1 building a NiE-17 fuselage:

Rounded only nose and dorsal superior fuselage, gluing cowling after.

Option 2 building a NiE-24 fuselage:

Rounded all fuselage exception a bottom fuselage, gluing cownling whitout close all fuselage tabs...

Preparation:

The cockpits of Prudenziatti are very spartan, and the seats no represent a real simulation of real aircraft, so I painted the interior with back pen, and decided gluing only instrument board...

I gluing the instrument board in cardboard for easier fix...

I Start the NiE-17 fuselage...

I scored the sides and rounded only the dorsal part and engine area...

In this case of Nie 24 I rounded all fuselage and gluing the cowling before close all fuselage

The idiot here do not remenber for make pics for building process in Nie 24 fuselage. I not build the fuselage of Korozawa. In the next atualization I show here and write about this vantages to glue cownling before the close fuselages...

Regards my friends...
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM

I very much appreciate the photos and explanation, Péricles.

I am saving all this to guide my own (larger, of course) builds of some of these aircraft.

Many thanks for sharing the results of your experience.

Don
Google Adsense