PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Zio Prudenzio Contest

Old 04-27-2014, 04:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
R.I.P.
He was a great designer.
His soldiers, knights etc. I've been using in my history lessons as learning tools.
And his planes are one of the best I've built.

Catalogue of my models
Old 04-27-2014, 05:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Go in peace friend. Design a few more we can build when we get there!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
RIP. Fine designer and by all reports a good person. A charitable, talented giver in our paper model world.

JoeG
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
One of the greatest heros has left us. :"( sad day.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Farewell, Great One! I have had much pleasure of you.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
It is a sad lack.
Condolences for the family.
A fitting tribute to this master and his generosity.

Orazio
Old 04-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Oh man, that's sad. That's a big loss. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Farewell Zio, you will be missed. Your legacy will live on and be remembered with every build from your excellent body of work.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Just as great authors become immortal to readers of their works many years later, modelers for decades to come will print out and assemble Zio's beautiful kits. I'm unable to add to the many expressions of sadness at his passing. But I'm sad, too, that I don't know anything about the man but his models. If any Forum members could provide biographical information, or even a translation of his obituary, I would be deeply grateful.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.48 MB
Visiting Paper Modelers forum, I came across the sad news of the death of the great Italian designer and modeler Fabrizio Prudenziati. When I started getting interested in paper models soon caught my attention the creations of Mr. Prdenziati. Zio Prudenzio with equal mastery mastered the art of shaping using only paper, from human figures to the most complex vehicles, boats and airplanes. With the same genius he created houses and castles and board games and kindly shared them with everyone. On his website, hidden in the Index, there is a little text written by Fabrizio, where he tells us a little about his life. I took the liberty to reproduce it here in this post, because I am sure that many who visit his site and download his models did not find this text, blinded by the sheer beauty of his work.

"My name is Fabrizio Prudenziati and I was born at October 8 th 1946 in Treviso from a Venetian family of good traditions. My father's transfer, official of the State, in 1949 in Genoa has made me a Genoese of adoption. Completed the studies I have spent some and intense years in Marina Militare as young hopeful officer , then I have landed to the Office of the Department of the Customs (now Agency of the Customs), where, after having holded for 12 years the role of chief of the Office Computer Services of the Customs Area in Genoa, I am now retired. I still live in Genoa and I think that (to proper time) in Genoa, I will die. Soon widower, re-married and divorcé (at times I think that I should write a book of memories) I have a beautiful daughter, a marvelous fiancée, few but good friends and, generally, what a reasonable person can desire. Model maker of race, since from the infancy I have reached all the fields of the dynamic and static modelling with always equal passion. In 1976 I have founded in Genoa the firm "GRIFO" and I have created the first lead toy-soldiers . In 1977 I have founded and presided the ACCADEMIA GENOVESE DI MODELLISMO E COLLEZIONISMO, an extraordinary Association that boasted among her members names as Rocchiero, Frizzi, Ruggeri, Luppi, Jula and others. In 1978, abandoned to her destiny the GRIFO, I founded with Jula the firm "ARES" and I created the toy-soldiers up to 1984, year when the loss of my wife has deprived me of the necessary enthusiasm to continue this activity. I now devote me, almost exclusively, to the paper-models (toy-soldiers particularly) dusting off the ancient passion for this poor but exciting modelling, that has characterized the years of my infancy. If I finish saying to be fat and bald I would lie, because I am not bald."

Google Adsense