PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
cool!
oh by the way, the paper modeler came out in me when I was doing laundry- I was cleaning the lint trap on the dryer, and lo and behold, it would make nice fluff or even hair if glued onto a bird body, or Cyclops legs or king kong. just a mention if no one else thought of it.
might just put a titanis head on that whooping swan.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Not a bad idea at all. Well done for thinking of this!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
got the shoebill crane, just what I was looking for! thanx!
Assuming you're gonna build the crane straight, don't forget to post a picture of it here. I've not seen that one made up, other than the pictures on the Canon website, which are often not very well made.

If you convert it into a terror bird (as I suspect is you intention) still post a picture of it. We will be interested.

Even if your build turns out crap, still post pictures ... so that we can tell you what has gone wrong and coach you into doing better next time.

Incidentally, talking to all interested parties ... Although it is nice the way we all compliment each others builds, I for one would prefer any faults you see on my models (even little diddy ones) to be commented on. I'm told I'm pretty good with these birds and I assure you that I do get great enjoyment from stroking them into existence. I will spend quite a bit of time burnishing, filing, or just simply caressing the thing until it forms the shape I want, but in my own mind I'm far from perfect and in order to improve further I'd much rather be criticised than complimented.

Seemingly this is not the norm on this forum, where we tend to heap praise on, in order to encourage the learners to keep it up. A good sentiment I'm sure, and keeping in the spirit of things, I too refrain from criticising when I see things that are so easy to improve on, but only if you are told about it.

Keep on snippin'

Johnny.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Banned

sounds good, its not an overly complicated model, I might just stretch the bill to make it a titanis, and beef up the legs. I will post pics, I kind of want to start other kinds of paper models now. thanks
Old 05-26-2013, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
"Seemingly this is not the norm on this forum, where we tend to heap praise on, in order to encourage the learners to keep it up. A good sentiment I'm sure, and keeping in the spirit of things, I too refrain from criticising when I see things that are so easy to improve on, but only if you are told about it." Johnny

I'm all for knowing what people honestly think of me builds, I know I'm not the best builder on this forum, but I can't always see just what I'm doing wrong. You will NOT hurt my feelings by pointing out something I missed! That is how we learn......Rich
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Eternal Member

Dunno about all this criticism Johnny, Rich....

How does one criticise perfection?
Old 05-26-2013, 11:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Johnny, don't see much to criticize on your birds, but now selling off that beautiful blue Jag! But can understand sometimes situations arise, like when I had to move my 52 Kaiser Manhattan along that I'd had for 30 years....which was blue also.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Banned

I had a 64 powder blue dodge dart classic!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Eternal Member

Ah yes - I forgot about the Jag. Now there are grounds for complaint........
Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Wrong thread for this guys, but there's only room for two cars on my driveway. Her shopping trolly (Vauxhall Corsa) and mine (Whatever I'm rebuilding this year), so when the Jag renovation was finished it had to go make room for my next toy. An '85 Range Rover Classic.

Though the Jag was a beauty to look at, and with the 3.8 engine it was a real mover, but the Mrs was not only too frightened to drive it, she wouldn't ride in it either, so, much as I loved it, there was no point in keeping it.

Now the big soggy old Rangie suits her perfectly, wafting us round the country lanes in style and superb comfort. We can now see over the hedges and it is quite happy to explore the mountain tracks too. She hasn't experienced it on a motorway yet though.

It doesn't accelerate quite as good as the Jag, but more than well enough considering that it has the streamlining of a brick. It will cruise at a higher speed than the Jag, without all the noise. Just that superb V8 burble. Although it's superbly comfortable for long journeys, at 15mpg it won't be going too far from home. Toying with fitting LPG, but I am first going to experiment with a Browns Gas generator. LPG is cheaper to run than petrol, but there is a considerable performance loss. Browns Gas is virtually free with a probable increase in performance. It's on carbs, not fuel injection.

Anyway, getting back to the Birds ... One Swan and a Cygnet completed, but not ready for a picture yet. It's a predominately white bird, and I've got Mucky Nick hands (Mechanic)... so it definitely needs a lot of touching up. It's a good model kit though, and I thoroughly recommend it. The adult bird has a choice of two different posable heads (I shall build two adults) and the gosling has a movable head, so extra ones can also be in different poses.

I've got a few penguins queuing up behind the Swans, but there's a new train (D West's) and a couple of guns also on the starting blocks. They've all got to fit in around a complete brake re-build on the Rangie though.

Keep on snippin',

Johnny.
Google Adsense