PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1161  
Old 06-11-2018, 03:49 AM
gotham's Avatar
gotham gotham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Elgin, N.E Scotland
Posts: 1,215
Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Gary - you could knit yourself a 3rd cat with all that spare fur !!
As ever, great pics. Keep 'em coming, alway love seeing your family.😸😸😸
__________________
"It's all in the reflexes."
Reply With Quote
  #1162  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Miles Linnabery's Avatar
Miles Linnabery Miles Linnabery is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ransomville, NY
Posts: 2,886
Total Downloaded: 479.70 MB
You had no TRIBBLE at all
__________________
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. - Mark Twain Notebook, 1894
Reply With Quote
  #1163  
Old 06-12-2018, 04:11 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
That's enough for a whole other cat. You should
give it name!

Hi Texman,
Thanks for your comment.
A good name might be Fuzzy Wuzzy.
Hope you like it,
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #1164  
Old 06-12-2018, 04:37 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
Nice variation of colors. I could tie quite a lot of different fly patterns from that lot. I've done just that with some combings from our two cats and the dog as well.

Curt

Hi Curt,
Thanks for your comment,
I learned to tie flys a few years ago from my sister in-law.
She and my Brother live in Oregon and fly fish there.
She ties flys from their kitties fur and taught me to do
the same using the fur for dubbing.
She says the fur attracts fish because of the way it
looks in the water, and also the smell.
They have had lots of luck fishing with lures tied from
their Kitties fur.
Also just for fun I was working on a mini model
one day at my Fly tying desk and thought,,,
Hey that's about the same size as a Dragon Fly lure I tie.
So,,, I added a hook to the fuselage and made it into a lure.
I have done several like this and mounted them in clear
plastic boxes for display.
One day I plan to catch a fish with one.
Here for you are some pictures of my paper airplane
fishing lures to see.
Hope you like them too.
Best Regards,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-dscn2938-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn2949-enhanced-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn3315-enhanced-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn3295-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn3335-e-mail.jpg  

For the Cats-dscn4116-enhanced-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn5563-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn8004-cropped-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn8031-cropped-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn8350-cropped-e-mail.jpg  

For the Cats-dscn8418-cropped-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn8440-cropped-e-mail.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #1165  
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
Gary - you could knit yourself a 3rd cat with all that spare fur !!
As ever, great pics. Keep 'em coming, alway love seeing your family.😸😸😸

Thanks Neil,
It's always great to hear from you my good friend.
Hope all is well with you and Carol.
Hope you can decide to get a kitty for your family soon.
God Bless,
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #1166  
Old 06-12-2018, 04:57 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
You had no TRIBBLE at all

Hi Miles,
Love the Star Trec reference.
The trouble with Tribble's episode is my favorite.
As you know my kitty I received from my wife as a
wedding present was a little kitten who sat in my
hand and purred.
I named him Tribble.
He was my boy and when we eventually got
Callie and Brumby,,, Tribble did as much to
help us raise them as we did.
He taught them everything about being a Kitty.
He was their DAD.
He has passed away, but I see him in
Callie and Brumby every day.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Best Regards,
Gary


PS,,, Here are a few pictures of them together.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-dscn2011-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn2018-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-pattis-pictures-8-022-e-mail-2.jpg   For the Cats-hpim2459-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-hpim2463-enhanced-e-mail.jpg  

Reply With Quote
  #1167  
Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 AM
murphyaa's Avatar
murphyaa murphyaa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 5,389
Total Downloaded: 108.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Hi Curt,
Thanks for your comment,
I learned to tie flys a few years ago from my sister in-law.
She and my Brother live in Oregon and fly fish there.
She ties flys from their kitties fur and taught me to do
the same using the fur for dubbing.
She says the fur attracts fish because of the way it
looks in the water, and also the smell.
They have had lots of luck fishing with lures tied from
their Kitties fur.
Also just for fun I was working on a mini model
one day at my Fly tying desk and thought,,,
Hey that's about the same size as a Dragon Fly lure I tie.
So,,, I added a hook to the fuselage and made it into a lure.
I have done several like this and mounted them in clear
plastic boxes for display.
One day I plan to catch a fish with one.
Here for you are some pictures of my paper airplane
fishing lures to see.
Hope you like them too.
Best Regards,
Gary
Gives a whole new meaning to the word "tailhook"...
__________________
Murph's Models
My new Patreon page
Reply With Quote
  #1168  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 AM
gotham's Avatar
gotham gotham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Elgin, N.E Scotland
Posts: 1,215
Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Carol loves the Tribble pics, especailly the last one of all the kittys looking out of the window. (I love the pics too - obviously).😸😸😸
__________________
"It's all in the reflexes."
Reply With Quote
  #1169  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:17 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
Gives a whole new meaning to the word "tailhook"...



Thanks Murph,
It's always nice to hear from you my friend.
Glad you like the lures.
Best Regards,
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #1170  
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM
musicman's Avatar
musicman musicman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 998
Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
Carol loves the Tribble pics, especailly the last one of all the kittys looking out of the window. (I love the pics too - obviously).😸😸😸

Hi Neil,
I am happy that you like the Tribble pictures,
I miss him like we all miss our babies.
Callie and Brumby truly are his kids.
Please give my thanks to Carol too.
Best Regards,
Gary

PS, I have hundreds of pictures of my kids I can
share with you if you want to see some more.
Here are a few of Tribble in our backyard
with his favorite nip plant.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-dscn0160-cropped.jpg   For the Cats-dscn0170.jpg   For the Cats-dscn0161.jpg   For the Cats-dscn0175-cropped.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 8.70%
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright © 2007-17, Paper Modelers.com