PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 03-31-2019, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Loving the pictures of your baby.
Thanks! Are actually 2 of them; Grumman, older one with longer hair and white, & Georgie, about a year younger.
I have no idea what was happening there and even now several years later I'm still not sure I should even want to know ...

Old 04-01-2019, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 141.92 MB
As T.Pratchett has postulated, cats are natural born timetravellers. It's obvious that occasionally two cats will meterialize at the same time in the same spot, and, being cats, none of them will back off again...

This ol' grumpy supervising a photo session of my z gauge micro layout (He doesn't look really convinced, though):
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-agomura_wertung_13.jpg  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
SWF - great pics. And I like the railway - have you thought of a putting a switching puzzle together? Can point you in the right direction if you are interested...

Neil - looked up black Forest Cats - you cannot see the bib on most, but on some there is a faint outline. Should look similar to Biscuits (see 3 o'clock below). Other characteristics are very loving, intelligent, still may like to play with favourite toys.

Picture 1 - The 5 cats awaiting a food refresh in their bowl - we ran out of the normal so they were given the feral cat food we have on hand. They saw the bags of the "good stuff" (Hills) arrive, so immediately took up position in anticipation...

Picture 2 - Names.

Picture 3 - Their "stuff". Self-explanatory! We have regular power failures so then the fountain stops and they can use the emergency water. Otherwise, they will all always use the fountain. Cats prefer running water. The dog fountain is a better bet if you have 2 cats or more - filters are cheaper and the cats like standing when they drink.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-catsawait-.jpg   For the Cats-nsames.jpg   For the Cats-catspot.jpg  
Old 04-02-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
And I like the railway - have you thought of a putting a switching puzzle together? Can point you in the right direction if you are interested...
Like time savers and inglenook sidings? No, not as a separate layout. But I will rework my "real" layout (as agreed with the co-owner) and add a shunting yard. Nothing fancy, just four sidings for sorting the new trains.
Shunting is still a bit difficult on z-gauge. Rokuhan provides some very suitable chassis - smooth, slow and reliable runners - but uncoupling is quite a pain in the donkey...

That's one nice bunch of cats you have!
Would you have thought? Ol' grumpy preferres water with a character! When we got him some 14 years ago, it took him a maximum two days to completely ignore his water dish and switch to the watering can. And whenever it rains he'll happily drink from the gutter or whatever puddle is in reach!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:50 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Michik - yes, those were the sort of Timesavers I was thinking of. I have a whole collection of different ones.

I used to do N gauge - Magmnematric couplers are made in this sale and they work well. They do not do them in Z though as far as I know.

---------------------

Your comment about the cats and water is interesting. Three of the cats will only drink the inside water - two however like the grubby water from the birdbaths - full of rotting leaves and mosquitoes!
Old 04-02-2019, 05:58 AM

Ahhh, bird flavoured water - that's Findus' favourite!
Old 04-05-2019, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Jangers maxin' 'n' relaxin' on Wendy's memorial seat, in our / her garden.
The little black figures painted on the seat are Soot Sprites from 'My Neighbour Totoro', one of Wendy's favourite films. I painted 19 of them on the seat in her memory.
Jangers certainly seems to have taken to the seat quickly. As you can see, he also takes up most of the seat, so either Carol or myself can sit with him, but not both of us at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-20190405_132631.jpg  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
As it happens, the colors of bench, blanket, and Jangers, work well together. He must have seen that he would be especially handsome there.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi Guys,
Really enjoying the pictures of your kitties.
Here for you are a few I took of
Brumby and Callie this week.
Best Regards,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-img_8462-h.jpg   For the Cats-img_8482-h.jpg   For the Cats-img_8471-h.jpg   For the Cats-img_8499-h.jpg  
Old 04-13-2019, 03:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Great pics, Gary.
And the latest scores are in - Jangers-1 Stug111-0 😿.
I was building a small Stug111, until Jangers decided to go investigating and stood on it. I was about 2/3rds near finished too. Luckily, I'll just reprint and build again. I now keep model builds in progress in a cupboard.