PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
my friend's cat loves to tear up the Klingons I make. especially the bird of prey smaller ones!
I understand what your friends cat does Spaceagent.
Mine have had lots of fun with my models
over the years.
They just love paper in any form.
Once I had a large F.G. J-3 Cub almost finished and
Callie decided to use it for a chew toy.
Had to start over.
OH WELL,,, It's only paper.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbirulina View Post
Is it a bird?

No it is............... Our cat!
Great pictures Sbirulina.
Bet the birds think twice before landing there.
And your Kitty looks like it is hoping that they try. ( HE HE )
Beautiful Kitty too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Gary
Old 06-15-2014, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
One of my best friends is a veterinarian. He also has a PhD in Psychology, and jokingly refers to himself as a human-pet interface. We were playing poker at his house a few years ago, and the TV was on in the background for noise, on the Animal Planet channel of course. A program came on about ASPCA police who rescue abused animals from their owners, and we saw this beautiful shepherd that had been chained to a metal post, on a concrete pad. That chain was only about 3 feet long, barely long enough to reach the small doghouse, and not long enough to reach the grass, so the dog had to lie on the hot concrete. Sores, ticks, ribs showing, and the dog was very agitated, especially when the owner came out and tried to run the ASPCA people off. They had a warrant, and the local sheriff's deputy there, and were taking the dog which was fighting them tooth and nail to defend its owner. Dogs are like that, my friend said.

Can any of you feline parents imagine what would happen if we allowed our furrychildren to be mistreated that way? Can you imagine what they'd do to us?

Dogs will show loyalty and love to even the most mistreatful owner.

It takes a special kind of person to earn the affection of a cat. Not everyone has what it takes, either.

Having said that, it is a helpful reminder to know that 5000 years ago, cats were worshiped as Gods.

They have never forgotten this.

And if they could write, it might look something like this:

Excerpts from the Cat's Diary...

DAY 347 OF MY CAPTIVITY

I caught and decapitated a mouse this morning. I brought them the headless body to try to make them aware of what I am capable of doing, and to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little "kitty" I was. This tactic is not working according to plan. I must think of something else to demonstrate what a powerful hunter I am, and how dangerous I can be. They must learn.

DAY 402 OF MY CAPTIVITY
My captors have now acquired a glass buffet case that they call a "fish tank". This is a new thing, and I have discovered it to be totally fascinating. It serves to make up for part of my loss in the food department. I am pleased that they now appear to have finally become convinced just how a vicious hunter I am, and have thus offered me a fresh sashimi buffet in that glass case. I sit before it often, examining the contents and thinking about which of the tiny little morsels will be next. While the little creatures are tiny, they are quite tasty. They have yet to replace the two small fish that I have consumed. I must think of a way to make them not notice the loss. I fear that if they ever catch on, I will be deprived of this as well.

DAY 512 OF MY CAPTIVITY

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat that dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. I still manage to sharpen my claws on their sofa, much to their displeasure. (Note-to-self: I may try urinating under their bed. I wonder how long it will take them to find it.)

DAY 645 OF MY CAPTIVITY
There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices last night. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the entire event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. Much to my displeasure, I could clearly detect the aroma of smoked salmon. It was frustrating beyond belief. I also detected the foul odor of the glass tubes they were all carrying. They contained something called "sham-payne" and it has to be the single most disgusting thing I have ever had the displeasure to smell. It was far worse than even my last hairball. I cannot believe they have the nerve to complain about my hairballs, when they appeared to be cheerfully consuming that vile-smelling liquid. More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of "allergeez." I must learn what this is and how to use it better to my advantage. I am sure the other captives are flunkies and may be snitches. The captors have finally discovered that fish were missing from the glass buffet case, and have taken it away as I anticipated. They now have a very annoying, brightly colored bird. The bird appears to either be a spy or an informant, because I have seen it speak with them regularly. I believe that he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the little metal-wire room on top of the pole, I have little opportunity of dispatching him, but I am cunning, and patient, and I can wait for my moment. It is only a matter of time...

DAY 723 OF MY CAPTIVITY
Today, my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. I must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair... I must try this on their bed as well. Perhaps even in one of their shoes... I must be cautious about doing this, because the dog lost control of his bladder the other day, and they swatted him with this rolled-up piece of paper. If they ever do that to me, I will demonstrate the full power of my wrath.

DAY 830 OF MY CAPTIVITY
I am finally convinced of their level of total cruelty, and of just how sadistic they really are. For no good reason, I was selected as the latest victim for the water torture this afternoon. This time however, it included some burning foamy chemical called "sham-poo." What sick mind could devise such a liquid is beyond me. My only consolation is the small piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth, and the bit of skin still hung in my claws. I am fairly sure it will be a very long time before they ever dare to do this to me again. At least, I hope it will be a long time. I am now even more convinced that the dog is a complete idiot. He actually appeared to enjoy the torture, practically volunteering to jump into that smooth white chamber in the windowless room.

DAY 933 OF MY CAPTIVITY

I believe that I will try to sleep all day tomorrow, so that I will be able to annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night. Perhaps in a sleep-deprived stupor they might actually give me fresh meat. There is a large tube of it in the metal box that makes everything cold. I would gladly eat it cold, as it would taste better than this dry cereal they continue to put out for me. I think it is entirely possible that if I deprive them of sleep, they will be inattentive and I will find an escape opportunity. Speaking of escape, I have still more evidence that the dog is a complete and total moron. They actually let him outside today. The amazing part is, he voluntarily came back inside! That has to be the single-most stupid thing I can imagine. Maybe he is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Last edited by lancer525; 06-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM

Hi Lancer,
Enjoyed the cat diary writings. ( very funny )
The only thing I disagree with it is the captive part.
Our Kitties are our children.
In other words, they treat us just as any family member would.
They are just a bit more thoughtful about things than a dog is.
Our cats have saved us from several bad situations overt the years.
Three times when the furnace went out.
Once with Tribble, and twice with Brumby.
When we were sleeping they woke us up and took us to the furnace to tell us that the house was cold, and it was not working.
Called the repair guy in the middle of the night to get it fixed.
And, the summer before last Brumby woke me up in the middle of the night,,,
took me to the back door and sat and stared at it.
I turned on the light inside the landing to find out that we were having an ant invasion coming in a crack at the bottom of the door.
They were sidewalk ants that once a year will migrate their nest.
They had decided to go in our house.
Of course I took care of it.
But we would have had the entire nest in the house by morning had it not been for Brumby waking me and alerting me to the problem.
Cats and Dogs are for sure aware and very protective of their
family members and homes.
I can understand how the poor Shepard was protecting it's owner, even if the owner was abusing it with bad care.
Hope the dog finally found a loving home with a new family.
Hey,,,
As this is a thread for the cats, If you have a kitty please feel free
to post some pictures for us to enjoy.
Specially if you have any of them helping you building models.
Best regards,
Gary
Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Musicman, nobody, and I do mean nobody understands better than I do about my furchildren. I once turned down a job that required me to move to a new city, when I could not find any housing that allowed cats. I was told at one place that "cats were filthy, and disease-carriers" whereupon I asked the woman if she had any toddlers about, who put everything in their mouths, who aren't potty trained, and frequently make everyone around them sick... She got mad, and I laughed in her face. So believe me, I get it.

As for the diary entries, they're written from the Cat's point of view, and as independent as they can be, and until mental telepathy can be established between them and us, who knows if they really don't think like this sometimes... Then again, I know mine love me, because they do everything but physically say the words.

Let me see.... photos...

This first one is Silver, my beloved pewter tabby who passed away at the age of 17 in 2008. Every single day of her life, from the first day we ever had her, she crawled up next to me at bedtime and kneaded on my neck and shoulder. She would purr in my ear, and kiss the side of my face (drooling all the while!) when she did it. She was my precious princess, very protective and possessive of me. Visitors to our home could not carry on any sort of conversation with me, since she would stand between them and I, and mewl loudly to drown them out. It was almost as if she was saying "Hey! I didn't give you permission to talk to my Daddy! He's MINE!"

When she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, I borrowed the $2000 for her radiation treatments. Worth every penny, and it gave her six more years with us. I cherish every day of each of them.

This next one is Athena. She was a rescue cat, and a former show cat. She's a pedigreed English Ragdoll, and she will be 10 years old in October. Gentle, friendly, and should have been named "Whiski" because she will greet you with a lick or three. (She's a licker. Just say it out loud.) She's a total sweetie, and is one of the most loving cats I have ever had. Most of the time.

Something I didn't know about the show-cat world, is that if they don't breed the cats after they've ended their show career, they're just as soon put to sleep as not. In other words, when their usefulness is over, so is the life of the cat. I find that utterly detestable, and simply beyond words. It has been proven repeatedly that people who do not like animals, and people who abuse animals are psycopaths, and sociopaths. It is a definable diagnostic symptom, according to the American Psychological Association. I think people who do things to animals ought to suffer the exact same thing being done to them.

Athena absolutely lives up to her name. As many of you might know, the Greek Goddess Athena was patron of Athens, and the Goddess of Wisdom and of War. While my Athena sometimes doesn't seem to be the brightest light on the string, she is as warlike as one can imagine, when one of her two brothers is in need. We had a stray mutt come up to the front door a few weeks ago, and while the screen was locked, the cats were still being accosted by this barking ball of fur on the front porch. Athena sprang into action, poofing herself out, growling, hissing, and spitting through the screen, and ran the pooch off! She was absolutely as warlike at that moment as I have ever seen her. Doesn't look much like it in this picture though... Wonder why?

This tough guy is Tigerr. He was also a rescue cat. We felt that it must be very hard to be a tough tomcat when you have a pink nose, hence the spiked collar. He absolutely loves it. We initially thought it might be too heavy for him, and so we took it off. He promptly went and got it out of the basket beside the couch, and kept trying to push his head into it. So, we relented and let him wear it. Tigerr is a purebred Egyptian Mau, and is probably the second-most possessive cat we've ever had. He will be 7 this coming August. He is absolutely and totally in complete ownership of his mother, and I can't hug her or kiss her or even talk to her without him interjecting himself between us.

That's not to say that he doesn't love me too, because he has trained me to give him treats, in exchange for him giving me kisses. He will come up to where I am working, or when I am at the computer, or sitting in the living room reading the paper, and grab the sides of my face, lean in and plant a wet cat-kiss right on my lips. Then he sits back expectantly, waiting for his Whisker Lickins or rose petals. We have an heirloom tea rose growing in our yard, and according to a local rose expert, it dates back to the late 1890s. It is about a foot in diameter at the base of the stalk, and has the most beautifully fragrant light-pink blooms. I cut a few, a couple of years ago, and brought them in to make a centerpiece for a dinner party we were having that evening. I did a small arrangement, placed them on the dining room table, and went on with my prep. When we went in to set the table a couple of hours later, we found Tigerr on the table, helping himself to the blooms. He had eaten all but one of them. At first, we were worried, but one of our friends is also a veterinarian (see my first post in this thread) and a quick call to him resulted in the reassurance that as long as there were no chemical pesticides in use, it should be fine. Well, we discovered that day that Tigerr will do almost anything to be treated with a rose petal. Especially kiss me.

This guy here is the cat that adopted us. We were outside one day doing some yard work, and noticed this fellow observing us from the brick wall on the back of our property line. He was in the yard several times over the next few weeks, and one day after I was taking the trash out, he just followed me onto the back porch. I thought at the time he was someone else's cat and was just hungry, so I put down some food. That was that. We took him to our vet friend to have him checked for a chip, and there was none, so he adopted us. He's a Maine Coon, and according to our vet could have also been a show cat, because he does not have any traits from other breeds. He has the polydactyl claws, opposable thumbs, and the typical coloring of the Maine Coon breed. He also is as cute as it gets. We weren't going to keep him, but he wouldn't go, so we put a bell on him and call him Jake Jingles, Esquire. It is the absolute truth that he picked us, and not the other way around.

He also can whip out and play the adorable card like you wouldn't believe, and when he does that, he becomes Darth Cuteness, Evil Cat Lord of the Sith. Here he is, in his alter-ego of Darth Cuteness, sleeping on the coffee table.

Those are our babies...

Or should I say, we are THEIR humans?
Google Adsense
Old 06-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up Lancer and Musicman, I Ride with You Both!

Gents: The late Alevine (son of the late Oskie) Wilde, 2000-2014. And Her Grace, Kate-zo, The Duchess TunaBreath, born April 2013. Al's mom and Katie were both rescued cats . JR

Nobody wanted to adopt Katie because she was black. Go figure, in this day and age!!
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-alvine.jpg   For the Cats-katie-kitzo-10-aug-2013.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Our newest addition - Sherlock. He's an American Bobtail, got him at the local SPCA. The two girls were getting too comfortable being the only cats in the house since Tuckerman passed in February. Saw this little guy and knew he was the one to set them straight. He's an active one!
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-sherlock-1.jpg   For the Cats-sherlock-face-4a.jpg  
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Kindered Spirits

To Lancer,
Thanks for sharing the pics' and stories of your Feline Children.
Absolutely beautiful Kitties, and enjoyed every word
you wrote about them.
Please do post more about them.
To fishcarver,
Enjoyed seeing your kids too.
And the black one is a cutie.
When I met my wife, she had two Kitties, and one was
black and totally dedicated to her.
Took quite a while for her to finally accept me being in the house.
( I was a professional road musician when we met. )
To Jagolden,
Always enjoy seeing and hearing about your kids.
You Rock Bro.
Thanks guys for sharing.
Makes an old fart like me happy to see other cat people
that take as good care of their kids as I do.
And,,, I will keep sharing pics' of mine too.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 06-21-2014, 12:02 PM

My Kitties just being cats

Hi Guys,
As most of my pictures I have posted of my kitties are of them and me working on models together.
Here are a few of mine just being cats.
Enjoy,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-brumby-window.jpg   For the Cats-brumby-trying-get-me-through-window.jpg   For the Cats-brumby-basket-2-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-brumby-enjoying-his-nip.jpg   For the Cats-brumby-me.jpg  

For the Cats-callie-her-favorite-chair.jpg   For the Cats-callie-sleeping.jpg   For the Cats-callie-giving-me-happy-eyes.jpg   For the Cats-callie-waiting-go-walk.jpg   For the Cats-callie-our-cat-tent.jpg  

Old 06-21-2014, 02:30 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcarver View Post
Gents: The late Alevine (son of the late Oskie) Wilde, 2000-2014. And Her Grace, Kate-zo, The Duchess TunaBreath, born April 2013. Al's mom and Katie were both rescued cats . JR

Nobody wanted to adopt Katie because she was black. Go figure, in this day and age!!
Everyone should have a black cat!
Ours is all black and her name is "Spot."
Google Adsense