PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 12-02-2015, 09:38 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Miles,

I think I misunderstood what you were saying. My apologies if I did. I now believe you
were giving advice to someone who is hesitant about getting a cat, not someone who has one.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
A Christmas tree wouldn’t last too long in our house. It has to go into a cat free zone or there would be more cats than ornaments on it. Anne, I see you collect those Hallmark airplane ornaments too. They came out with a really nice P-38 this year in addition to their usual civilian airplane. I hope they do more warbirds in the future. That is a cute little cat checking out the Staggerwing! Is it yours? The next B-17 kit I’m working on will be an ode to our cat loving friends here.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Since Tag died from a tick-born disease normally carried by bobcats, this will be the first year my folks are doing a full tree in a long, long time
Old 12-24-2015, 10:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi folks,
Here is my newest youtube posting.
This is from my music career when I played drums for
Jana Jae who was on The Hee Haw TV show.
I always had my kitty Ludalf with me on the road.
And Jana would ask me about him during every show.
My last time performing with her, I surprised her
with Ludalf on stage.
Hope you all enjoy this video.
Gary

https://youtu.be/PlDtxMTjtjg ( Gary and his Kitty Ludalf onstage with Jana Jae )
Old 12-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I have enjoyed seeing the images of the cats (wish "Old Puss" had been a Pacific Fortress, John). Like many paper modelers, Lil and I share our house with a cat - an aging Pennsylvania Dutch farm tabby with a Japanese name: Tora-chan (Little Tiger Girl), s I couldn't resist joining in on this thread.

The first image seems relevant, although no paper models are visible, just Lil and oldest daughter, Peg, trimming the tree while Tora-chan takes a break from chewing on the low-hanging branches and batting the ornaments around.

Most of the ornaments were hand made in December 1971, when we were living in an apartment in Seoul, Korea. The tree will be officially commissioned tonight, when the two grandsons, emplace the cardboard and aluminum foil star that their dad made that year (fuzzy Image 2 is of last year's ceremony). Their Dad was 6 at the time, the grandsons are now 15 and 20 . Time passes.

T-chan sometimes bats at the ornaments and chews on the lower branches, but has never tried to climb into the tree. Nor has she ever damaged a paper model, although she sometimes views the work. Images 3, 4, and 5.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-151214_lil_peg_t-chan_tree.jpg   For the Cats-141224_kai-wei-tree.jpg   For the Cats-cannon_animals_151104c.jpg   For the Cats-stuart-001b-torachan.jpg   For the Cats-homeoffice_torachan.jpg  

Last edited by Don Boose; 12-24-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:39 PM

VERY SWEET Don,
A wonderful family history.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Your kitty is beautiful and kind to your belongings.
MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Gary
Old 12-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
John: Great B 17! Don Wonderful photos of Family and Tora-chan! Thanks to both of you and Season's Greetings!
Jim Reuter (Jimr)

Old 12-24-2015, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Apparently having seen the videos, Paperengineer's black and white cat at play among the models, Gary's Brumby and Callie, Karen's kitty at work, Ray's Cammie and the Cammie-proof tree, Ole Puss decorating the B-17, and Anne's exceptionally cute kitten on a limb, T-chan seems to have wanted to get back into the act. We found her nestled among the presents under the tree.

The last image is my desk/workbench as it appears on Christmas Eve 2015. Included in the image is my build of John Dell's Pearl Harbor B-17C (Serial 40-2074) with the first of Volker's Advent models to roughly the same scale 1/43 vs. 1/48). And in keeping with the cat motif of this thread, my Canon cheetah work-in-progress looks on.

I have downed tools for now in preparation for the evening's activities: the grandsons will put the star on the tree, Christopher will give us a viola concert, and I will read "A Child's Christmas in Wales," as I have done for the past 45 years. By coincidence, I will be reading from a book that my oldest friend, Jim Reuter, gave us in 1970. Jim Reuter is "Jimr" in this forum and made the last post.

Best wishes to all for Christmas and the season.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-151224_t-chan_under-tree01.jpg   For the Cats-151224_t-chan_under-tree02.jpg   For the Cats-151224_b-17c_40-2074.jpg  
Old 12-24-2015, 06:33 PM

Really nice pictures Don.
Your kitty sure is happy with the tree.
And your bomber looks great.
Here for you are just a few of my
favorite kitty Christmas pictures.
Tribble,,, Chloi,,, Brumby,,,Callie.
Hope you enjoy them,,,
And MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-dscn0313-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn0316-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn2849-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn2864-e-mail.jpg   For the Cats-dscn2894-e-mail.jpg  

Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php...PAXP-deijE.gif

Should have been a Utube video ... but I guess copy & paste didn't work.