PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 04-11-2016, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Hi,
Hope you can find at least two street kitties to adopt. And hope folks over there will do the same.
At least start getting folks to Spay and Neuter the street kitties so there are not so many in the city running around without homes.
Try to get veterinarians to donate their extra time to do this for free.
It would be a good thing for everyone. Vets here in the States work with counties to do that.
Good luck to you getting a couple kitties to love
and to build models with.
Best Regards,
Gary
A few people are adopting them, but most people think they are "aggressive". I don't understand why they call cats like this. :(
I would've adopted 5 kittens if mum didn't have the allergies...
Old 04-16-2016, 09:12 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
If the street kittens are wild, they could well be aggressive. But once tamed they are wonderful pets - feral cats seem to be far more affectionate and intelligent then the old domestic cats.

I currently have two feral cats!

They can be caught - there is a fairly easy way to do this without stressing the cats too much. The kittens can then also be tamed without too much effort. If you want to know how to do this I will be happy to tell you and help you with the process, having done it several times now.

----------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note I have been wondering if the behaviour of wild cats differs from country to country. My friend in India has a couple of ferals he looks after and they used to go into a cage at night to prevent them from being killed by the other ferals. One unfortunately was caught and killed recently. Apparently this is common behaviour amongst Indian ferals.

Here ferals are territorial, and they do fight, but they do not go as far as killing one another. How about elsewhere?

Last edited by Kevin WS; 04-16-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
If the street kittens are wild, they could well be aggressive. But once tamed they are wonderful pets - feral cats seem to be far more affectionate and intelligent then the old domestic cats.

I currently have two feral cats!

They can be caught - there is a fairly easy way to do this without stressing the cats too much. The kittens can then also be tamed without too much effort. If you want to know how to do this I will be happy to tell you and help you with the process, having done it several times now.

----------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note I have been wondering if the behaviour of wild cats differs from country to country. My friend in India has a couple of ferals he looks after and they used to go into a cage at night to prevent them from being killed by the other ferals. One unfortunately was caught and killed recently. Apparently this is common behaviour amongst Indian ferals.

Here ferals are territorial, and they do fight, but they do not go as far as killing one another. How about elsewhere?
Street cats here.....most of them are scared of us, but some are very nice and purr when we go near them. But some starve, and they sometimes attack other cats, but they never kill. Here in Korea, most people call street cats "robber cats" because they steal meat from people.....well we shouldn't be angry about that. We have enough to eat and live.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Interesting.

My wife went to Turkey - the place there swarms with cats. Everyone feeds them apparently and they are fairly tame....

She took plenty of photos of them. Apparently most of them are really friendly.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Are you really eight years old this spring, Grumman? It just doesn't seem like that much time has passed.

IMG_2736 by , on Flickr
The Cat-anooga choo-choo by , on Flickr
085_85 by , on Flickr

An Accidental Reflection of Feline Future and Fortune by F. S. Wood on Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 10:56pm · Maker of All, maker of me, have mercy on this poor unfortunate kitty. I lie in the dirt and the grease unable to move, barely able to be: I am in unbearable pain. I don't know for how long this is the place where I've lain. Drinking small puddles where the roof has leaked in the rain. Here in the dark back of this shed, I've settled on broken bones and licked where I've bled. I can't hang on, it's getting so dark. Faint hope falters, so weak is my heart. Maker of all, maker of me, have great mercy on this poor kitty. If I must go and leave, no more chasing of mice, no more climbing of trees, then take me home please, and forgive those who did this to me: the one who dumped me on the road so cold, and the poor trucker who just couldn't swerve in time, there was nothing he could do. I am fading. It is getting cold, it is getting dark, my bones are grave broken and so is my heart. It started so sunny today, but now my world is so black and so grey. Dear maker sir, I hurt, oh how I hurt. I can't feel my leg, the one that drug in the dirt. Have mercy on me, such a small lonely kitty. I think it is time, I think I am ready, come now for me, this world I must leave. Oh I was here only so shortly! Hold on, dear kitty, hold on! Stay, have strength just a bit longer, there is a plan. I am sorry, this was not my first plan, it's been undone by a loveless human hand. Someone new is coming. For you. Now. Wait! What is this? You don't want me to leave?! You sent a compassionate heart here just for me? Me, this lost and broken so small little kitty? You did this for me? Me? Whose day here was within minutes of done? There is that man, he talks to that lady. It is the lady you are sending for me? Go with her small kitten, she has a great heart. You have an amazing new life ready to start. Oh Maker, I thought I was done! Oh no, little kitten, it has only begun! I have a mission I'm sending you on, it is to love and to comfort someone: you just hold on, go with this lady and good things will come. Where is she taking me? Oh, be careful, I'm hurting so much! Oh Maker of me, I can sense her good heart and her soft touch. So this is where I have a new life to start? Listen, small kitten, there are good people who care, she is taking you there. They will do things you've never seen done, they care for my animals, each and every one. Oh, so groggy, so hungry, so thirsty. I hear cats, I hear dogs, even a couple of hogs. I smell food, I smell fresh water. So many other scents, haven't a clue what they are. This is a box. Is a cage, there are thin bars. Where am I? You are at what is called a veterinarian, a treater and healer of my creatures, be they great or be they small. Do not worry about hearing them speak of amputating your leg, it is not my plan, they do not yet understand. You mean the leg I can't feel? Do not worry small kitten, it will be partially healed. You will do fine, but will need to be helped with the litter box for a time. My leg will not be completely healed? No, dear kitten, it will not. But, why? To let these new humans show you how much you are loved. They are a rather different breed from the first you encountered, who was given a chance, and did not take it. Trust me dear kitten, with these, you most surely will make it! I have opened their hearts to you: you are dear and quite special to them. They will happily help you to go, and to get clean. They are gentle and loving, they are not mean. Oh, Maker of All, I am a kitten so small, thank you so much for it all. Not to sound ungrateful, it is embarrassing to need such help! My dear kitten, truly, I do understand, but it is necessary for the humans' part in this plan. And they've cut off my hair! Dear kitten, they must, it was so matted with oil and dust. Okay, I do see, but what now will become of me? There is my new plan, one that is grand, a human needs you and a human you need. There is one with a soul hurting so much, you can help heal with your soft touch. And this human will treasure you and love you so much. That lady from the garage, she is here. They are coming to this kennel for me? Yes dear kitten, they are, go with them, ride in their car. But it is cars and trucks that hurt me so much!!! Not any more kitten, not any more. They can bring you to great healing, not only just hurt. Just like the humans in them. And you will from here on find many good humans. No, they are not perfect, but they love me, and they love you. Trust me dear kitten, they will take care of you. Go with them. Okay, they carry me in, into a house. Funny kind of house, there is no kitchen and there is no bed where they lay down their heads. Dear kitten, it is an office, they help people here. You can even be a part of it. I can? Oh yes, dear kitten, you certainly can - there is one special person, I have a plan. Reside here for a time, while the parts of my plan fall into line. Maker of All, I am lonely today, no one is here. Yes, it is the weekend. One of the humans will come tonight to check on you. Fill your water with fresh, check your dinner dish. And wash off your leg. Thank you. I'm glad they help me out, but it's embarrassing to have to be cleaned and my leg is so tender to touch. Don't worry about it, it will work out, right now it is part of the doing of where you are going. I'm not sure I get that, but okay. You have got me this far. It has been many days now and many humans have come through. Those here every day do see that I'm okay, but where is this one you speak of? Tomorrow, kitten, tomorrow. Several humans come in, most of them go out. Where is this one today? Oh well, I'll wait on this couch. What? Something . . . Something sensed. It is . . . maybe it is this one then? Yes dear kitten it is, you will be going with this one in a month. Heal. Grow and heal. Then you will be ready. And the human will too. Dear kitten! Wake up! This is the day! You are going new places and seeing new people, you have a new home! And they won't toss me out of the car at the edge of the highway in the dark of the night, right? No dear kitten they will not. Learn to trust them, they will take you places in their car. It is okay. Learn to trust the one special human, it is your life and your mission I give unto you to help heal and bring peace to a terribly broken heart. A heart as broken as had been my bones? Yes, dear kitten, yes. Listen to me dear kitten, you will grow, you will thrive, remember, you are alive. You will bring great joy and great love to this human so hurt and so troubled, your reward for your pain and your trials will be several times doubled. Yes Maker of All, now I see , a warm and wonder filled life is waiting for me. Some shadows still call, and still I must fight. Yet I no longer am dying in shadow, I am living in light.
IMG_3366_B_and_W by , on Flickr
Old 04-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Birtday

Hi SWF,,,
WOW,,, It's my kitties Brumby and Callie's birthday today too !!!
They are 8 years old as well as your kitty.
We went outside in our backyard in Minnesota and the catnip we grow
in our back yard was doing the usual spring sprouting.
Brumby and Callie both had a great time
checking it out and getting HIGH on it.
I tell folks that kitties are like HIPPIES,,,
and their drug of choice is Catnip.
Hope you all enjoy the pictures.
Best Regards,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-img_0725-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0726-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0731-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0732-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0734-e.jpg  

For the Cats-img_0747-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0749-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0750-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0751-e.jpg   For the Cats-img_0753-e.jpg  

Old 04-16-2016, 06:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
... and the catnip we grow
in our back yard was doing the usual spring sprouting.
Brumby and Callie both had a great time checking it out and getting HIGH on it. I tell folks that kitties are like HIPPIES,,, and their drug of choice is Catnip.
Hey there! Impossible to know exactly what day his birthday was, but it does fall in the April/May time frame.
Catnip stoners, gotta love it :D This fellow who turns 8 is the kind who gets catnip stoned in a "Hey wow, look, it's the air." kind of way, while his younger sidekick is more the hyper kind. And after they both get dosed they will have wrestling matches up to 10 minutes long, never uttering a peep or mew.

Apparently big cats and catnip is just like our little ones, some float off to outer space, some are, 'Eh, so, what's the big deal with this stuff?'
Old 04-16-2016, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
cats and catnip

Hi again SWF,
I have to agree with you about Cats and Catnip.
We grow lots of catnip in our yard here in Minnesota.
And as far as I know we grow two kinds.
One we call mint,,, and another we call stinky foot.
It is a real guess as to which one the kids like
from day to day.
But they usually get real ( HAPPY ) on it and
we have to deal with the aftermath.
They sometimes get loaded and want to hug and
cuddle with us.
And other times they get rowdy and tear me up along
with each other in fights.
I'm glad that no serious injuries have occurred from
the aftermath of doing NIP.
It's just part of being cats so let the good times roll. ( YAY )
Best Regards,
Gary
PS,,, Here for you to enjoy is my favorite picture of my SON Tribble
with his favorite nip plant. He did as much as we did to raise
Brumby and Callie when they were kittens.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-dscn0160-cropped.jpg  
Old 05-01-2016, 06:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Feral cats are not the problem people think they are, I have had feral cats as visitors for many years and they are only aggressive if they feel threatened. A feral that lived in the area of the flats I live in while working in Riyadh used to bring her kittens to stay with me when she started taking them out of the 'nest'. One of them gave birth sitting on my lap when I got back from my shift. Something quite amazing to have about six feral cats sleeping next to or on me at night, mum slept right on my shoulder/neck and just purred away. Priceless.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Nearly every cat I've had over the years are ones that just wandered in and decided to hang around. Some stay for a few months and move on; others I'm part of their 'circuit' were they drop in for awhile 2 or 3 times year; and one went through 3 moves in 2 states over a 15 year period with me before passing.