Old 09-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi Guys,
My wife and I got our two outdoor kitty warming
houses ready for this winter.
We went to the lumber store and had new boards
cut for them as well.
They have electric heating pads with polar fleece
blankets. And they are by our back door.
This is where our two outside kitties EBONY and KITTY
stay and where we feed them.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Best Regards,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-img_9119-h.jpg   For the Cats-img_9120-h.jpg   For the Cats-img_9121-h.jpg  
Old 09-07-2019, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow that's a lot of hair! Guess I need to brush mine more regularly. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-08-2019, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Was not a good day yesterday. Had to have my little sweetie Purr Kat put to sleep. Was going into organ failure and after being at the vet all day, she said she didn't see any real change of recovery. Was just starting to adjust to loosing China Whitekat last fall - seriously sad and depressed.
Sorry, Wayne!

I'm catching up and just now came across this. What a beautiful cat, they sure have a way of getting into our hearts, don't they?

I hope you and Ratsie Katsie can get through this soon (on your own time, in your own ways- I will not presume to prescribe how or when).

Take care,

Glenn
Old 09-09-2019, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thanks Glenn, this even got to Ratsie some.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-2019-07-24-0835.jpg  
Old 09-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Sad picture.

Wayne - don't believe what people say - cats are very social animals, especially in one "family".

We have 5 and they are always paired up or rushing around in little blobs of cats. And they are concerned if one is sick or missing.

Is ratsie now alone? If so consider looking for an another - there are plenty of little cats out there that need a good home. Local vet maybe? If you ever go back to your old place, maybe the neighbourly cat that was being mistreated...
Old 09-09-2019, 02:20 PM

Her and China Whitekat never hit it off. She seemed happy when he disappeared, but she got along with Purr Kat. Since I've had her since she was born and for about 3 years just the 2 of us, guess she never really socialized that well (sort of like me). Most of the time it seems like she only tolerates me since she hasn't figured out how to do the pull tab on the food cans.
One of the local roamers had 3 kittens under the neighbor's house last spring. She took off with the one that looked like her and abandoned the other 2 in my back yard. So looks like they've decided to move in.
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-2019-07-28-0841.jpg  
Old 09-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Eternal Member

Wayne - that's great news. Great for you as well.

Probably much drama with Ratsie, but that's what cats do - they will get themselves sorted out eventually!

Leve them be to establish their pecking order in the house.

Two lovely looking little cats - the one has a bit of long hair in her? The other is a classic Mackerel Tabby.

Don't forget to have them neutered or spayed as appropriate when you can. Maybe your SPVCA may do this for free or a small donation? Try.

And they can be trained to come indoors at night. All of our five are - they come in the out at around 5-6.00 and they are basically locked in and let out again at 5.30 in the morning.

This keeps them out of mischief at night, and also keeps the territory restricted - so they do not roam far.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Need to find out what it'll cost to get them fixed. Ratsie I took to the Humane Society down in the Phoenix area and I think it was $40 and that was 5 years ago. That why she has the cropped ear because I wasn't going to keep her. What I didn't know was that for 'ferals', they fix and vaccinate them, crop their ear so they can be id'ed and release them back were they came from. So a couple of days later she pops up on my patio, I find out their procedures and decided we were stuck with each other.
So since they don't have that up here and the 1 vet in town doesn't take new customers since he's getting about ready to retire, I'll have to take them down to were I took Purr Kat which is about an hour drive and expensive. Right now the long hair one will hop up in my lap, so he's first. Still have to work on the other a bit to get him/here were I can catch and get in a cage.
First have to get the car taken care of. Safety recall and need to take it to the dealer I got it at. Which is a half mile from were I used to live, but around 85 miles from were I am now. Plus its due for its regular service anyway.
I've always kept them in at night. That was the thing with China. He had breakfast, then went on his morning exploring and never came back. Still think it was one of the pack of unlicensed pit bull mixes that the rednecks down the street let run loose. Several of us complained to the County Sheriff and Animal Control enough that that problem has been pretty much eliminated: the dogs and a few of the rednecks.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Eternal Member

Here a pic of three of ours being social.

Left to right - Croak (she "croaks" instead of meowing), ex feral, Mandiki (Swahili name), ex feral, and Biscuit, Norweigan Forest cat.

Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-whatsapp-image-2019-09-04-8.04.47-pm.jpg  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Nice looking cats.