PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 07-05-2020, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Callie looks pretty chill, I'm sure the TLC and Neosporin is helping.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
I'm glad to hear that Callie is recovering well, that's great news.Our white Pancha spends the cold July days here quarantined this way, calm and warm on my lap or on that of her mother or sisters, unconcerned about any problem.😊
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-20200706_083025.jpg   For the Cats-20200706_083054.jpg   For the Cats-20200706_083458.jpg  
Old 07-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
And keeping you warm as well I hope!

I have 3 cats climbing on me at night and this winter is so cold I am not trying to convince them to do otherwise!
Old 07-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
I'm glad to hear that Callie is recovering well, that's great news.Our white Pancha spends the cold July days here quarantined this way, calm and warm on my lap or on that of her mother or sisters, unconcerned about any problem.😊
Hi Vinalssrgio,
Thanks for your kind comments about my baby girl CALLIE.
And your Kitty Pancha is SO cute.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 07-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
And keeping you warm as well I hope!

I have 3 cats climbing on me at night and this winter is so cold I am not trying to convince them to do otherwise!
Hi Kevin,
I'm like you,
I prefer my kitties climbing on and snuggling with
me any time of day.
They are my babies and it is a wonderful thing
to have them love you that way.
We stay warm and purr each other to sleep.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 07-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Callie looks pretty chill, I'm sure the TLC and Neosporin is helping.
Hi Sgoti,
Thanks for your kind comments about my baby girl Callie.
She is getting back to her normal self and I am loving it.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 07-12-2020, 08:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Anyone for a cat story? >^..^<

Our county seat farm burg's creative writers group met Saturday morning at the local bake shop. One of the things we do is a 20 minute timed writing exercise to provided prompts, which can be of several forms.

This time they were:

Quote:
1. write a story about a proposal (of any kind)
2. write a story about an argument actually about another thing
3. write a story about pre-performance jitters
4. write a story told entirely through one chase scene
5. write a story about summer afternoon spent in a treehouse
What I got, and finished the last several lines over lunch at a small local cafe,

-------------

Quote:
“Murphy! No! Come back!”

Wouldn't you know it, the one time, The. One. Time., I take that dizzy mutt out without being on a leash.

And there is a cat.

A cat I've never seen before.

At the rose bushes by the back fence's ten foot planks.

Three seconds.

Three seconds I tell you.

Murphy surely established a world canine speed record from the kitchen door to the back fence with those oversized ears flopping all the way in his near supersonic slipstream.

That poor anonymous cat was so focused on something in the shadows under my roses that those famous kitty senses weren't aware of the beagle bullet locked on target and closing fast.

Kitty. All cats answer to kitty. Don't they?

“Kitty! Look out!”

Anonymous kitty looked over its shoulder with about a half second to spare, twisted as only cats can twist, and sprinted to the right in a shower of mulch.

In about a tenth of the time it takes to say it, the cat flashed under a wandering rose bush, over a lawn chair, did two laps around the blue plastic pool, wove between the trash cans beside the gate to the alley and then sped toward the house by way of the sort of tunnel between the hedges and fence.

Murphy plotted a brilliantly efficient intercept course and halfway to the house got within drafting distance of the speeding cat.

Kitty senses apparently picked up the “Hun in the sun” and inspired a sudden right-angle turn from under the hedge row toward the two trees in pretty much the middle of our yard.

Two trees. One has a tree house. A cat is running. Murphy is involved.

Only one possible outcome.

“Brian! Kelli! Cat!” was all I got out before kitty was scaling the trunk.

The treehouse floor did not fit flush against the trunk.

Murphy is involved.

You know where this is going.

Sure enough, same instant Brian stuck his head out the treehouse entry, anonymous cat slipped through the floor gap to sounds of astonishment and the visual of several little green army men, Hot Wheels cars, and bright plastic LEGO bits, showering down from that gap.

“Hey! Hey! That's my cars!” came youthful exclamations from the treehouse to be instantly overpowered by rapid fire barking from the base of the tree as Murphy tried to make like a feline.

Fortunately he failed.

But the cat didn't get the memo and leapt from a treehouse window to a convenient tree limb with Kitty's leap being artistically enhanced by the rippling waves of Kelli's scarf which had entangled both the cat and Kelli's newest Barbie.

With his eyes on the scampering cat and giving occasional barks Murphy followed under that limb which eventually passed across the deck and over our roof.

It also passed directly over the hot tub.

Yes, I know having hot tub under a tree limb isn't optimum, however that was where tub users had most pleasant view of surroundings.

But what was in my mind right now was a vision of Murphy running right in to the tub.

He was Murphy.

It had to happen.

As he bounced up the deck steps I lunged for his collar.

And overshot.

We both ended up in the water. The kids later said it had been a glorious splash.

Apparently startled by that commotion kitty lost footing on the limb and itself fell in to the tub.

Once we had all surfaced and regained our bearings Murphy and kitty sat glaring at each other as waves rocked around their shoulders.

Wonder what was going through their furry heads.

I also wondered where Barbie and Kelli's scarf were as they were neither still wound around the cat nor floating loose in the tub.

A look up along the tree limb revealed the scarf had caught on lower branches and there was Barbie nonchalantly reclining in a purple fringed hammock like she'd been chilling there all day and was awaiting the club attendant with fresh drinks.

Keeping its eyes on Murphy the whole time, anonymous kitty deliberately clambered out of the tub to sit on a stack of clean folded beach towels and rearrange its waterlogged fur.

Murphy moved to the step where kitty had been standing in the tub and sat with apparently no intent to leave the water. He did have a point, it was kind of warm out.

Two voices from tree house;

Kelli, "You okay Dad?"

Brain, "That was cool!"

Kelli, "Can we keep the cat?"

And that's how we ended up with a cat named Highdive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-21-2020, 12:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
A sad day indeed

Well, last evening we had to let our Cammie cross the bridge. After a valiant 2 1/2 years fighting diabetes (half her life),
my hobby buddy, computer pal, and overall "get me through the day" partner, we had to say goodbye. Cammie was only
a little over 5 years old. She put up a great fight, right up until last Friday, when her body just gave out. Because it was
the weekend, all we could do was make her as comfortable and loved as possible. After conferring with the vet, we decided
that she was saying her goodbyes. Over the weekend, Cammie had visited all of her favorite spots, making sure we
saw her somewhere before moving to the next. She did not have the energy to jump, but early yesterday, she had gotten up
on the sofa by my computer, where she would faithfully be anytime I was working on a model or doing research.
We will miss her meeting us at the bedroom door each morning, or meeting us at the door after a day out, or after our evening walks.
I know she is pain free now, and our heartache will diminish eventually. But I will miss my second best friend.
Rest well little girl.

Gotcha day, 13 May 2015
For the Cats-img_0374.jpg
Strike a pose
For the Cats-img_0589.jpg
Always a part of the family
For the Cats-img_5125.jpg
Drama Queen
"Why is my food bowl empty"
For the Cats-img_4842.jpg

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-21-2020, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
So sorry for your loss. My feral friend Calico who is always on my porch every two hours whether she sticks around or not was gone for over 36 hours. Eight year old feral cats are a rare item, so after 24 hours I started trying to brace myself for her not returning.

One of these days I am sure that she won't be back.

Remember the good times and treasure them always
Old 07-21-2020, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Oh dear. She's pretty. That was really sweet and thoughtful what she did about sharing all her favorite spots with y'all one last time.