PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
World of Warcraft Papercraft Thresher Shark

Saw a small shark the other day up on the pier, and got the urge to find and build a model of one. Decided on this beauty..

World of Warcraft Papercraft Thresher Shark | Game-Papercraft.com

The start..

Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
That Shark looked like an interesting model, so, although I've no interest in WoW, I followed the link ...

Yep, I downloaded the shark, but I also found a fantastic Lion and a Tiger.

I only hope my somewhat curtailed modeling skills are up to making them.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to seeing how this comes together!

Wyvern
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Umm? I've just been looking at the .pdo for the shark Peter.

Looks to me that you might have put it's lower jaw on upside down ...

PS: Then again, maybe not. It just looks strange with all the teeth squared off. Perhaps there's some explanation of this in WoW, but I'm not a player.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:25 PM

Another query ... You appear to be using a line-less print on the Shark, which does not appear to be offered at Game-papercraft. Did you modify it yourself?

I do have Pep. Designer installed, but have not started to use it at all yet. Is removing the lines fairly straightforwad, and are the Game-Papercraft files not locked to prevent modifications?

I have e-mailed them asking if line-less files are available, as I'm even more interested in getting line-less .pdo files of the lion and tiger.

Last edited by JohnM; 08-20-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Another query ... You appear to be using a line-less print on the Shark, which does not appear to be offered at Game-papercraft. Did you modify it yourself?

I do have Pep. Designer installed, but have not started to use it at all yet. Is removing the lines fairly straightforwad, and are the Game-Papercraft files not locked to prevent modifications?

I have e-mailed them asking if line-less files are available, as I'm even more interested in getting line-less .pdo files of the lion and tiger.

I did not do any modifying on my end, as I've had this for a while I'm not sure where or when I got it?? Haven't looked to see if I have files on the lion or tiger. With multiple CD's of things I've downloaded over the years, I've given up on keeping track..
Good catch on the jaws.. So obvious when pointed out. Don't want to waste more ink printing out new parts on a quick build, so I'm just going to go with what I've done. Maybe pose it in a way that it won't stand out??
Old 08-21-2014, 07:45 AM

shark..

Moving along.. stuffing with unused TP as I go!! Realizing now that this will be bigger than I thought when started..

Old 08-21-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatcrow2 View Post
Good catch on the jaws.. So obvious when pointed out. Don't want to waste more ink printing out new parts on a quick build, so I'm just going to go with what I've done. Maybe pose it in a way that it won't stand out??
I did correct myself Peter ... the way you've done the jaws is exactly as the .pdo shows it. It just looked wrong to me, as the upper teeth are fringed with blue, which is close in colour to the lower lip. Making me think maybe the mouth opening was blue. Further compounded by the lower teeth having square tops instead of points, they just looked upside down. Needless to say, I'll be experimenting with the parts when I build it, but that Lion and Tiger are much higher up the build pile for me.

I really must knuckle down and learn to use Pep Designer though. There are quite a few .pdo models out there that would benefit from line removal. I use the lined files as a guide to building an unlined print, but where possible I try not to actually crease the lines. I try to just allow the part to warp into shape as the tabs are glued one at a time. I find this often produces more natural curved surfaces, that can be accentuated by internal burnishing. Especially on animal figures.

Your build is looking very good so far. Keep up the good work. I'll enjoy watching, and will bookmark it for when I build mine. I've got a few dates with the oncology dept to contend with before I start any more serious builds though.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Here is something you can try to print a .pdo file without lines when using Pepakura Viewer.
Go to Setting>Print Setting. Select Print lines smoothly(Bitmap print) and set Transparency to 100%, then click OK. That should remove the lines when you print.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Here is something you can try to print a .pdo file without lines when using Pepakura Viewer.
Go to Setting>Print Setting. Select Print lines smoothly(Bitmap print) and set Transparency to 100%, then click OK. That should remove the lines when you print.
Tip of the Week!!! (in my book).. That works great.. Definitely a save for future use. Thanks for posting!!
Google Adsense