PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 09-20-2014, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Very nice build! Don't think I could do it. I find animals very difficult.

It's a free app. Not pirating from Apple, they didn't make the app. Pirating from the app maker. By that reasoning it's OK to pirate from the big kit publishers.

For me, this is enough said. Do not want to detract from the purpose of the thread.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB

A4 build and an A6 build.

Well different peoples idea of Tiny does vary.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:46 AM

These are fun !! OK the little ones are tricky, but satisfying to succeed.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Hey VK ... remember Pete Chandler's fairground? I wonder if I can shrink these far enough to use on the Noah's Ark ride?

These are addictive, and there's ten more to go. I really must get back to Dennis's Tiger.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Robert, it is still a nice build by your daughter. Nice added graphics, too.

Johnny, what's a little piracy among friends especially when you can stick it to the man. It's not like Apple has never stuck it to the people.
Oh so true, that's the reason I stick to Android, what's free on Android has to be paid for Apple... so sad Steve has passed away, I think he would turn like a turbine if he knew what he's baby is doin... or not...

And let's be honest among friends, these little gritters are nice, but there are a lot of other free gritters to download from our Japanese friends aren't there.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:04 AM

I ain't got nothin' personal against Apple. I'm a confirmed Capitalist at heart, so good luck to them I say.

So why haven't I got a Mac, iPhone or iPad ? 'cos they're too flamin' expensive, that's why.

Believe it or not, I'm still using a ten year old Motorola RAZR flip phone. It still does everything I require of it, and it CAN do a lot of other stuff that I've never found a use for. I don't even use it for texting. I'm strictly a speak to me kinda guy.

I've recently upgraded my main computer to Win7 ... not going anywhere near Win8 ... but I've still got an XP laptop alongside for the many things I haven't figured out how to do yet on Win7. I've got most things covered now, but I still have to run XP to get pics off my camera.

Scratchin' me head on that one. The XP laptop sees the camera as a memory chip, and so does my borrowed Win7(basic) net-book, but apart from a couple of beeps, my Win7(Ultimate) Main PC just ignores it.

Plan is to fit a card reader to the main PC so I can just plug in the camera's memory card to import pictures, but I've not got around to it yet.

Anyone got any suggestions?

PS: As to getting the Zoo files ... the link is in the first post, but you'll need access to an i-machine to get them.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, I have a Win7 computer that has trouble reading some SD cards with the integrated card reader. I bought an inexpensive memory card reader to plug into a usb port when needed. Win7 recognized the card reader and when I plug the troublesome SD cards into the reader they can be read and the files on the SD cards can be transferred to the computer.

BTW, nice animals.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Wow, with Zoo posts not showing on the front page, I've missed quite a bit
Old 09-21-2014, 03:23 PM

I've found the designer's website ...

kamibox - Enter

Among a lot of other stuff there's a D/L link for the Tiny Paper Zoo ...

BUT, it will only give you a .pdf of the zebra ... with a link to the ios app store for the rest. So you still need a friend with an i-machine.

Or you could contact the designer direct ... Philipp Mayer via [email protected]

Old 09-22-2014, 02:40 PM

Large and small tiger, and large lion done today. Will post a pic when I've done the small lion ... Probably tomorrow ... when there just might be an elephant too.

Tip for any one who fancies doing the little ones ... Do the big one first, to figure out how it goes together. The assembly isn't always obvious, and some of the folds are quite ingenious. Hence some of my little ones look better than the big ones.

I only have the parts sheets. You need the app running on an i-machine to get the instructions. To get the little ones I'm printing four sheets to an A4 page. I've had to use the XP laptop to do that, as the later MS picture viewer in W7 seems to have lost this facility.

Seems I'll be keeping XP on the side for a while yet. I'll have to look into dual booting, or maybe a sandbox instal on the main PC.

Google Adsense