PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > The Zoo

Old 01-26-2015, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Jonny,

Look no further than Canon - almost all the animals shown are the same as Canon's. The Penguine with the ball may be in the toy section as part of an automata

You could try Yamaha
??????? - ?????????? | ?????????? ????

The above will be completely useless if it's the book and not the models you want.
;-))))
Old 01-27-2015, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
You are sort of correct Mike. Many of the animal models available from Canon and Yamaha are designs by Kei Goto, but the one I'm particularly looking for is the recumbent Tiger, shown in Post #1. and again in post #8 blown up to life-size along with a mirror image recolour as a Jaguar.

Kei's designs are quite prolific and crop up all over the Japanese paper forums, but that Tiger is proving to be very elusive. I guess it doesn't help that I have no understanding of the Japanese language, and I've not found a usable translation tool for it yet. The main problem being that most translation apps see the Japanese scripts as pictures not text, and cannot translate them.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:08 AM

For anyone who hasn't seen the model tiger I'm chasing here ...

This is the artist Kei Goto with a few of his creations.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Well, funny you should post this today. I've been sick for a week, and last night my fever was breaking. During my sporadic sleep last night I had a dream about the 'recumbent tiger'. I was trying to find any and all images of this guy to be found on the internet. Someone had said that if we found enough images, they thought they could come up with a similar 3-d model.

Just a coincidence. Not sure if it is even possible, but it was a memorable dream
Old 02-10-2015, 12:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
I would love to find it too John.

I am sure some of the members here speak Japanese or have access to a Japanese speaker. Maybe they can help.
Google Adsense
Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi John, did you ever find the giant tiger by Kei Craft? I'm new to papercrafting, but bonkers for tigers and would also love to find and build this one. Son many of what I have found are standing or walking tigers, but this recumbent one looks to cool not to have.

If it helps my younger son (age 10) has a good friend that is Japanese and his mom actually teaches Japanese at my older son's (age 16) high school, so I'm thinking of asking her if she could help.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:05 PM

Have a look here Birdman ... Japanese Members ???
Old 07-24-2019, 11:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 159.34 MB
Don't know if you all are still looking for the recumbent Sumatran Tiger and leopard recolor, but Keicraft,com site has their product list for both models at 1000 Yen + tax each.
It's not the calendar but the individual models.

Just a note, but for the thread on the kei craft Pterosaur/pterodactyl, I think it has that for sale also.
Cheers.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:40 AM

Referring back to my previous post, I did eventually get the tiger and leopard models via a third party Japanese agent.

It is nice to see that a new KeiCraft website has appeared though. I must explore it further. Have you tried ordering anything yet? Hopefully, this one will be open to world sales, but it could well be just another blind alley that only sells to the Japanese mainland. For a country that has flooded the whole world with their cars and bikes, they don't seem too keen to sell paper models to us.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:02 PM

Well, the only way to order that I found was to email Kei.
Bin there ... done that many times. Mostly ignored, but if I got a reply it was an invitation to call into the shop next time I visit Japan.

Last time I was successful only by Paying a third party Agent in Japan to order and forward the models on. Not a cheap exercise by a long chalk, but I always said that "I wanted that Tiger at any price", so I ended up putting my money where my mouth is.

They really are excellent models though, so I've no complaints. I've not succeeded in recreating the life-size one yet. They come on A4 size cards so I was able to scan and reprint them at A3, A5, and A6 sizes. The little one was a lulu to build. To go for life-size I would have to separate the A3 parts, scan and print each part at around 500%. It can be done as Kei has proved, but it's a lot of work, and I don't have anywhere to put such a thing anyway