View Single Post

Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Hey Rick, I have a question about this bird and your build...

I am test building the rear section of the fuselage (for my repainted B-24)
dealing mostly with the last two sections of fuselage, the rear Tail wing attachment and the end turret assembly.
My B-24A is modified from the D version, and so I am working out the fit of some new rear "no-turret" parts.

Anyway, I was attempting to fit the cross rear wing to the cutout in the fuselage, and I can't...because the formers are in the way.

It appears as though the formers in that area of the plane should end flush with the cutout fuselage (at the top) ...and mine don't.

In your pic, it appears that they do.

I have checked and rechecked the original size parts (to my repainted parts) and there are no size discrepancies...so I am at a loss to understand why my formers rise above the fuselage skin.

Unless...you trimmed the tops of your formers?

see the attached pic for a better explain...and let me know how this area went together for you, please?
(my second pic shows part of my test build, and how the formers extend beyond the fuselage)
Attached Thumbnails
Marek Marathon: Consolidated Vultee B-24 Liberator 1:50-hull-formers-question.jpg   Marek Marathon: Consolidated Vultee B-24 Liberator 1:50-hull-formers-question-02.jpg