View Single Post

Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
A-Frame

So I have these three frame pieces - how am I supposed to get them together?

Placed at the top of the side frames are three "poles" that the rigging will attach to. I glued only these post together so they'd act like a hinge so the parts could be spread at the bottom to accept the bottom frame.

After the "hinge" glue was set, I glued the upper edges of the frame together and used paperclips that had been opened slightly to hold the edges together.
While the glue was drying, the frame bottom was dry set to establish the correct angle of the side pieces.

When the top was dried and the clips removed, the frame bottom was carefully set in place and "tacked" in place using a few drops of CA glue. When secure, I ran the CA glue along the entire edge of each side. The capillary action drew the glue into the cracks and set firmly.

After all was set, I did go back over the entire completed frame with CA glue for added strength and weight as Kevin was inquiring about. Worked great. Use lots of ventilation with the CA glue.
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-1-img_7928.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-2-img_7929.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-4-img_7937.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-5-img_7936.jpg