View Single Post

Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
She's essentially done except for two self inflicted wounds that need to be treated.
Three bombs went together pretty well.
MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3579.jpg
The first of the wounds was a misinterpretation on my part. I thought that because the wings had such strong framing, that the landing gear wire would glue into them. Not the case, and unfortunately I didn't put any support in the wing. So ignore the wobbly landing gear in these shots. They will be reinforced as soon as I figure out the best surgical procedure.:o I think I'm going to cut into the wheel well and see if I can slip some foam in there. Other suggestions are welcome.

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3583.jpg

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3584.jpg

Below you can see the second issue. And this is embarrassing. Once I finish a set of props/spinner, I have a habit of twirling it to see if it moves much air. So I gave this one a good twirl... not realizing that I had not yet glued the blades in.:o So... somewhere in my very cluttered workspace is the real lost blade (didn't even see it fly!). I mocked up a placeholder for it and it will have to do until I find the real deal.

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3585.jpg

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3586.jpg

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3588.jpg

MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3589.jpg

This is a good model with well fitting parts. Being used to the older MM kits, this one was a very pleasant surprise!
Chris
PS. if you need me, I'll be crawling around on the floor looking for that blade!!