View Single Post

Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I used a circle template to help form the nose cone. It turned out O.K, but if I wasn't building this model as stock, I think I would smooth out the nose with spackle and sand it smooth.

Since gluing the silver side of the paper doesn't stick as good as the white side, I cut the tabs off and turned them inside out and reglued them to the fuselage sides.

I cut some slots in the fuselage for the vertical stabs and made some tabs on the bottom of the stabs to make the joint stronger. I glued the top vertical stab on with super glue, and the metallic paper did not fog.

I found that glue blemishes are easily removed by letting the glue dry, wetting your finger on your tongue, and burnish the blemish away using your dampened finger. Using a dampened finger doesn't smear the printing at all. The metallic finish doesn't scratch easily so blemishes are easily removed.
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM Convair XFY-1-102_2130.jpg   FGMM Convair XFY-1-102_2131.jpg   FGMM Convair XFY-1-102_2134.jpg   FGMM Convair XFY-1-102_2136.jpg