View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Wing root

Before I closed up the canopy I installed the wing root. I had to do this because the wing root former kept getting bent with handling. It was pretty striaght forward but fitting like a glove was not the phrase or case on this kit. I wasn't sure of how the gray bottom piece was supposed to fit to the fuselage, was it supposed to conform to the aft curves or what? I elected the partial conformity and when I wrapped the topside pieces around they didn't fit very well. Luckily the wing root parts actually covered up some horrendously bad fitting root problems. I guess that's what our women mean when they are covering up thier roots. I scratchbuilt little wheel wells that had to be installed into the main wing spar. It was a lot of eyeballing and dry fitting to get them to fit right, but they made it.
Attached Thumbnails
MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0089.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0181.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0184.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0185.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0179.jpg  

MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0180.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0195.jpg