View Single Post

Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Fokker DVII got a whole bunch of work done last night!

I got the lower wing installed, as instructed...thanks for all the help on that one!

And the upper wing is ready for install

The wings in this kit are very nicely formed...go together very easily.
Just add a little curve and they line up nice.
The added curved down ends are a good touch to close up the wings nicely...with a nicely curved and natural shape.
A little fiddly at this reduced size, but not too bad.

Tail components go on quite simply aswell...although I think the upper fuselage part needs to be trimmed slightly shorter (to move it forward a touch)
This will allow the tail to move forward also, for a better positioning and fit.

Upper wing is not attached yet...just working on getting some struts and supports in place.
once again, reduced scale = fiddly little bits for the wing supports!

I glued the main wing struts to two layers of cardstock to beef them up!
...cut em out and coloured them red...since there are only the two main supports.

Wheel setup is simple, but nice...on the full size version, it would be very simple to install an "axle" and make rolling wheels!

Machine guns are on too!
Barrels are very small and difficult to roll (at this size) in cardstock! lol
The Gun bodies (second part at rear of the barrels) is even more difficult at this scale!!!
...but eventually I got something that sorta looks like machine guns.

And the prop is pretty straightforward...just added a straight pin for the mount, and a little spacer behind the prop to keep it away from the fuselage.

as you can see, overall size is about a 2.5" wingspan
and the length of the plane is just over 2"

this is "micro" for me!!! maybe not for the rest of you "land of the Giant" builders!
but pretty frakkin' tiny for me!!