View Single Post

Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Skinning on the fuselage. All going pretty well so far.
Everything has been fitting together, and I'm really impressed with the way the side panels wrap around the tailpost to make a tiny transition to a rounded profile. The picture of this, of course, did not turn out
No great surprises and as it's making the transition from printed page to three dimensional object the sketchy colour is becoming much less offensive.

The cardstock this is printed on is much better than the chipboard of earlier kits, but it shows a really unfortunate tendency to delaminate when formed. This was a plus on rolling the control stick, (I usually use the delamination to split a rolled part into a thinner page - much easier to roll) and will be nice on the guns, but it started to split even with the gentle curve of the turtledecking. Burnishing the seams helped a lot to smooth the joint, but makes the edge colouring more obvious.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz PWS-A (BH-33)-img_1912.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz PWS-A (BH-33)-img_1915.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz PWS-A (BH-33)-img_1916.jpg