View Single Post

Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude

Couple of weeks ago I desided to try one of UHU02's models namely the Tinkerbell. She has always ben my all time favourite fairy character and still is. I wished to get her assembled in time for easter but little did I know. I have wondered occasionally why UHU's models so seldom see built - now I think I know. They take sooooo loooong time to finish and an average ADHD modeler like me just wants to drop the project. Couple of hours work spreaded over a weeks period and only this little done (I had to have two tries with the head before I got it done). But I decided that this is one project I won't reject.

I made couple of major mistakes on the way:
- I printed it on a heavy stock - should use singleweight (but I'll go to the bitter end with this stock)
- on my first attempt I did the face and the hair separately only to find out that it was virtually impossible to join them at that stage (one really should plan carefully to glueing order within a part and among joining parts)

UHU's designs need a lot of planning, testing and dry fitting before glueing can take place and that takes time. Most of the glueing has to done step by step allowing the joint time to cure. There are only five parts in the head but nearly 80 tabs!

So here she is - a fairy with an attitude. I shall continue this tale after my flu goes over. Happy Easter time to everybody.
Attached Thumbnails
Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-tinkerbell.jpg   Tinkerbell - a fairy with an attitude-tinker-head.jpg