View Single Post

Old 01-20-2008, 03:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I managed to get the fuselage center section finished up. With a minor exception, the parts fit have been quite good. That exception is that the turtledeck is about a thirtysecond inch (about one mm) too short. I don't think this is going to be a major difficulty, as the slight gap at the very rear of the fuselage will largely be covered by the canopy frame. I am waiting for Papermodelstore to deliver the canopy I ordered from them. The next step will be building the nose, then the tail section. My belief is that it is best to start with the center, then work forward, then aft. Same philosophy as skinning a hull....starting in the middle gives less distance for errors to accumulate and produce warped/skewed structures. Not shown tonight is the work on the section just forward of the cockpit (the machine gun bay, for want of a better descriptor). The dryfits have indicated a significant fit issue with this section....the back of this section has a smaller perimeter than the front of the cockpit section. This will result in a very noticeable gap on the aft bottom of the section. Since this will be covered by the wing skin, I don't think it will be noticable upon completion. The forward end of the section fits nicely with its former, so I still have hopes for a presentable final model.
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Ki-61-center-section-3.jpg

OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Ki-61-center-section-4.jpg

OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Ki-61-center-section-5.jpg