View Single Post

Old 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well the first thing I did at work today is make a photocopy all the sheets. At lunch I will get to them with a red pen and mark bits that could be confusing or missed during the build. I don't understand polish but I can read the numbers and the measurements in the instructions. I am ignoring the "Pup" sections at this stage so I don't get myself confused.

Old Troll: G'day! I am really happy with the whole deal, including the postage time (11 days is more than reasonable considering. . . )
I really want to do build threads for both the Fokker and the Sopwith seeing it was the whole point of you adding the bonus model to our parcels. However I may not have time to complete the second one within the time limit. Just having a reason to sit down and actually try my hand at this is enjoyment enough.

CharlieC: Funny you should mention that rain . . . a 4x4 drowned my little car just after that particular downpour. I wasn't even in deep water, but the bow wave from the 4x4 was enough to flood my air intake. I am still waiting on the insurance company to tell me whether ithe car will be repaired or written-off. At least I have something to do now I am stuck at home. :D

Boosed: This is going to be an interesting build unlike anything I have done before. I am used to Fiddlers Green or Thaipaperworks' simple models.
The wing skins come on thin paper, so those ribs and spars are a necessity to enable the wings to hold their shape. Hopefully I can get everything to work nicely!!

I can see so many places where things could go wrong!!! :(