View Single Post

Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Jim; given the size of the piece I would say that perhaps your environment is the problem (i.e hot and dry). It is also possible that you are using too little glue, spreading it too thin, or taking too long to get it applied. You could try experimenting with some scrap card stock. You could of course just continue double gluing - some people recommend this method.

A lot of modelers use Elmers, others use Aleenes Tacky glue (a thicker PVA and my favorite), UHU all purpose, or Duco cement. I find Elmers dries too slow and causes warping, and UHU and Duco get lumpy and stringy.
Wonderful! I really have got to stop saying wonderful but with all these great people and great tips, Wonderful fits the bill nicely. So! Wonderful. I Will give those other glues a try as well, but out of the types of glue I have been trying the Elmer's seems to be the best so far for my needs. I read the other thread about CA glue to that's another avenue I will be going down too for the smaller parts and stiffening purposes.

Cheers
Jim