View Single Post

Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Bob. Chris and Don, thanks for your words and interest!

I've made a little more progress.

Attaching the rudder was left to the builders discretion, so I used little tabs. I also attached the small wing flaps this way. Gave them a dirty wash of gray.

Next up was the "fuselage" cage. I thought this might be difficult but was not. I enjoy cutting out all the framework. Inside the vertical struts, I used very thin wire from the hobby shop for two purposes: 1) the wire gives it strength, 2) it allows me to create little "pins" at the ends, like on plastic models. By drilling fine holes in the next part, the pins fit in perfectly. Helps keep the part in place while being glued and is another strong point.

Last three shots are general progress shots of where it stands now. I added in the pilots seat.

I was happy to start this model but I find my interest waxing and waning. With spring coming into full swing I want to get back to my 1:32 build of kooklits Type VII U-Boat.
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-1-img_8109.jpg   FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-2-img_8110.jpg   FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-3-img_8111.jpg   FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-4-img_8124.jpg   FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-5-img_8123.jpg  

FGMM - Pears - Monoplane-6-img_8122.jpg