View Single Post

Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
As promised, the second part of my build.

This was a rather tedious process as I could only glue 4-6 tabs at a time. If I tried for any more I found it difficult to keep the pieces aligned while the glue dried. However the end result was well worth the effort.

I had marked the location of the rear bulkhead with pencil, so positioning it was easy. Although there was no mention of thickness, I decided to strengthen it with a piece of 0.5mm card. The cockpit had alignment marks on the fuselage, so no problems with its positioning either.

As you can see, I couldn't resist taking a photo with the top sections in place, but as there is still a lot of internal bits relating to the wing and tail, they are not glued in place.

As a slight off topic side note:
My wife finds the colors and design to be very garish and plain. This got me thinking about these paper models. Maly Modelarz models seem to receive quite a bit of flak for so many things but they really are a part of the paper modelling history.
So I don't mind the bright (inaccurate?) colors or untextured details, but what do other people think?
Should they be scanned, recolored and put onto better paper before building?
Or can we build them as intended - a record of how things used to be, before computers and virtual 3D construction?

Sorry for getting philosophical - but as a recent convert to paper modelling, I am interested in what others think, whether they be long time paper modellers or newbies (this century) like myself.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Fokker E. III-ot_fuselage-4.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz - Fokker E. III-ot_fuselage-5.jpg