View Single Post

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
This is the crux of my conundrum.... I am not concerned about the incidental costs and I would say we have enough interested members that might be able to act as officers.

What I am trying to determine is that can we put on shows/contests etc as a SIG and have them be formally announced on the IPMS site. I want to have a formal connection to IPMS - SIG's are officially endorsed but do they have less rights and input into the IPMS framework? I dunno.... I am working with the main Chapter Director and John (sets up SIGs) to get these answers. I want to make sure we are on the right track before I make any final decisions. Its all new to me

To answer a couple of your questions.... The social aspect - right now we have paper modelers that DO put on classes/demos at libraries and such. If we have a more formal body we could do more of this, some funding supplied by the club would certainly help promote this.

I also see a SIG as being very specific to one interest. Our hobby uses paper but it still covers every facet of the categories at a typical IPMS show and I dont want to miss out on other members that may prefer plastic but be looking for a cyber home.

I will defintely spend some time looking at the SIG sites today
Chris