View Single Post

Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
The nose chines of the A-12 are more "pointed" than the SR-71. But, the rest of the aircraft's features are similar enough to make an A-12 modification pack down the road.

I think I have a picture of the SR-71 and A-12 nose comparisons... I'll post it here later.

Ken
Ken...you are correct. The SR-71 nose chines are more rounded than that of the A-12. But there are other differences. The canopy area is different as the A-12 carried one crew while the SR-71 two crew members. It isn't a large difference, but at the scale you plan to design, could be noticeable.

Also, there is a difference in the back of the bird. The fuselage end on the A-12 is even with the trailing edge of the wing, while on the SR-71, there is a protrusion sticking out.

While the M-21 version of the A-12 which carried the D-12 drone was a two place cockpit aircraft, it varied slightly from the single-place A-12 and the SR-71.

Since there are numerous versions of the SR-71 and only Paragon's models of the A-12 available, why not model the A-12. From there you could split off to the YF-12 and M-21 version. Of course, those could lead to the SR-71 also...or vice-versa.